Gremlins In Garge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner

Reaction score
Came home from work opend garge door to find FJR down on the ground. It was on the sidestand for two days prior no problem .Most likely my own falut I should have had up on centerstand I had read the warnings of the problems with the sidestand. Olny damge is front fender sratched badly cought on Harley pipe and small mark on left bag sliders saved rest. :angry2:

Sounds like hog was pissed off a bit. We take it out that way sometimes.

Came home from work opend garge door to find FJR down on the ground. It was on the sidestand for two days prior no problem .
Anyone else live in the home that could have "accidently" bumped it? Sitting at rest for 2 days then "lurching" forward off the sidestand sems a bit of a reach for me unless there was a small earth tremor. Nevertheless, time to file a bit from the kickstand where it meets the stop so that it will rotate a bit more forward.

The other thing I do if I leave the bike on the side stand is rotate the forks to the left so they won't flop over on their own. Also leave it in 1st and push the bike forward if I park on any rough or uneven surfaces.

Well, if you lived in California I'd say earthquake....

When you put the bike on the side stand do you make sure the stand is against the forward stop?