• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends

Yes I am still offering the Grounding Harness for the 2nd Gen bikes @ $90 plus shipping, $10 UPS Ground. I've had several requests these past few days. I am currently out of stock, however I plan to make more shortly. If you desire to have one please add your request to this thread. When a Grounding Harness becomes available I will send a PM inviting you to my personal web site to make the PayPal transaction.

Many thanks for your interest in my handiwork.

smile.gif

Brodie

Friends

Yes I am still offering the Grounding Harness for the 2nd Gen bikes @ $90 plus shipping, $10 UPS Ground. I've had several requests these past few days. I am currently out of stock, however I plan to make more shortly. If you desire to have one please add your request to this thread. When a Grounding Harness becomes available I will send a PM inviting you to my personal web site to make the PayPal transaction.

Many thanks for your interest in my handiwork.

smile.gif

Brodie

Please add me to the list too!

Ron

Installed this weekend while I've got the bike torn down for winter maintenance. S8 is a REAL b*tch to get to just like your instructions said! Luckily I saw no heat damage on any of the connectors though.

Installed this weekend while I've got the bike torn down for winter maintenance. S8 is a REAL b*tch to get to just like your instructions said! Luckily I saw no heat damage on any of the connectors though.
Smelled burning plastic last time I rode. Add me to the list as well.

I finally got some time due to a slow down at work to do the install. Just need to put the plastic back on. As a side it seemed like S8 wasn't so bad. It was visable and just moved the one unit in the way which was only rubber mounted and simply pushed off the mount to access the spyder. Thanks to Brodie for the install instructions and locating the spyder nests. Take care, PM. <>< ;)

Do all Gen II need this 'grounding upgrade'? Did Yamaha improve it in later years? If yes, starting with what year that they upgrade it?

Thanks.

Yamaha hasn't done anything to fix this problem as far as I know...not 100% sure about the 2011 model, but I doubt it's any different.

Please add me to your list. I will forward this on to another Gen 2 FJR friend. He will also be very interested in this fix. Thanks! John

Brodie,

Please add me to the list for a grounding harness. Having been bit by the spider already, this is cheap insurance. Thanks

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.