• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would simply like to state that I've had zero, nada, zip electrical problems after installing Brodies 'fix'. I'm not sure how many miles/hours ago that has been, but it's been more than most on this forum will see on their FJR's.

Simply stated it's a great product at a fair price that works as advertised.

dcarver endorsed!

(no financial involved, don't know Brodie all that well, just saying that this product works)

Thanks Don for the endorsement, I really appreciate it - the check is in the mail.

Friends,

I am still building more harnesses, I got 2 out last night and I am building another 2 tonight. I'm trying to stay up with demand, please have patience.

smile.gif

Brodie

oops,

duplicate post.

I'm still not comfortable with this new forum software, lots of pitfalls for us Mac users.
dry.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting me back in the list. Not looking forward to the install but it beats getting stranded.

Brodie,

Received my harness Monday, installed it yesterday and got the bike buttoned up today. Thanks for a first-rate product. Your solution is miles ahead of what Mama-Yama engineered into the bike. Your instructions and the how-to photos on your site are top-notch as well, and make it easy to find each spider. I greatly appreciate all the time you and other forum members have invested in this solution. Having been bitten by the spider already, I'll ride with much greater peace of mind now.

I found a dental pick to be invaluable in removing the caps on each spider and in extracting the spider itself. And you're absolutely right about Spider 8 being a bitch to get to... but some perseverance, good light, and the proper combination of curse words all help.

Thanks again!!

Well, there they are.

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

Not too bad looking yet. These are off of my 08 with 35,000 miles.

It took about four hours start to finish. The quality of the harness is the most important factor in the ease of instillation.

Thanks Brodie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brodie,

I installed your harness shortly after receiving it and it is a top quality piece of work. I'd like to order another one for my friend with an '06 who's not on this board. After me talking it up so much he's got to have one. Thanks, Chris.

Brodie - Thanks again. Finally got my harness installed this weekend. None of the spiders looked like they had any issues. The two up by the cluster were a royal PITA, especially since I couldn't get the left headlight adjuster knob screw loose. Top quality harness. Had the printout of the instructions in the garage and went page by page thru the install.

I would like one of these kits for my '07.

Let me know what I need to do as far as payment and shipping instructions go.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Brodie: Please add me to the list for one of your harnesses. I have a 2007 AE. Let me know what I need to do for you for payment and shipping instructions.

Thanks, Brad.

Hi Brodie. Please make one more for me... 2008 FJR1300A. Thanks a million! Mike (Mackeroni)

Hello all. I just wanted to say here, as I'm sure that many have based upon my experience, that I too received a wiring harness from Brodie this past week and I have to tell you that the QUALITY IS EXQUISITE! I have yet to install it due to weather and health issues, but if anyone is on the fence debating the quality, safety, durability, and the like - you can dismiss those concerns. The wiring harness is fantastic and Brodie's integrity and character make the deal even better. He, like Jeff Ashe and Garauld just make not only my FJR better but this forum as well. Thank you again. :)

Installed yesterday. Easy install -- Thanks Proenips and Cosfjr for the assistance. Did learn one thing. It's a good idea to wrap the the ground lug with electrical tape to prevent the drama that can occur if it accidentally touches the positive battery terminal... :blink:

Installed yesterday. Easy install -- Thanks Proenips and Cosfjr for the assistance. Did learn one thing. It's a good idea to wrap the the ground lug with electrical tape to prevent the drama that can occur if it accidentally touches the positive battery terminal... :blink:
Glad to help...and glad that little bit of magic smoke that escaped didn't do any lasting damage to anything other than my underpants!

One other thing to mention, we didn't find any reference to S5 in Brodie's instructions. This is one that just gets re-serviced...for others looking for it, it's opposite of S4, that is, to the top and right of the engine area.

Hey spoilport,

I can imagine your hair looked a lot like your avatar when that happened...
av-24594.jpg

Glad to hear that you took care of your bike before the riding season got under way.
yahoo.gif

I wonder how many of both Art's and My customers will be on a trip when the spider bites and the harnesses are still on their work benches at home "waiting for the most opportune time to install.

Wake up people, it's not a matter of if, but when with these 2nd Gen. bikes. If I can't get to you quick enough, perhaps my good friend Art (roadrunner) can help you out. The important thing is that you squash this spider before you get bit, not after.
blink.gif

Just saying.

wink.gif

Brodie

Did the install yesterday no issues, All the spiders were fine. One less thing to be concerned about.

Brodie THANKS for the factory fit and finish... :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.