• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy - T-Rex Engine/Luggage Guards & Sliders - Jan. 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaYzerman19

Go Wings!
Reaction score
The group buy will proceed by this thread to list committed buyers of T-Rex products. This thread is the list only, where you post your final intent to buy. You have until January 25th, at which time the list will be submitted to T-Rex and the final discount calculated based on the number of orders. Then we will be issued a coupon code. Based on preliminary response, we may be in 20% territory. As of Jan. 7, FJR Forum - 8 + 4 maybe, FJR Owners - 5 + 1 maybe.

Discount scheme - 1-5 orders 10% discount, 6-10 = 15%, 10-15 = 20%, over 15 = 25%. Discount is for parts only, shipping is extra. To 48 States, roughly $20 for single bar pair, or around $32 for Engine/Luggage guard set. You can get a shipping calculation from their website. They will do international, e.g., Italy.

The main products we're interested in are for the FJR:
EG - Engine Guards, LG - Luggage Guards, SL - Sliders.
If you want another product, please contact T-Rex yourself to see if they will consider you for this Group Buy.

I need you to post your forum name, real name, item(s) you're buying and quantity if more than one. If you wish to remain anonymous, send me a PM. This is posted on FJR Owners forum as well. Yes, I am keeping TWO lists, so please ensure you did not post on BOTH forums.

Any other discussion should take place in the other thread and if you have any additional specific product questions not answered, please go to T-Rex website, email at top of page.

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/

Discussion thread - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166371-t-rex-pending-group-buy-bars-and-sliders/

Thank you for your interest thus far, and for your participation. I will edit daily until Jan. 25 deadline.

NOTE - SEE POST # 22 FOR ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS - New deadline for orders is January 31

1) Rayzerman
Ray Batchelor
EG and LG 2013+

2) whoknewit

Kevin Dooley

LG Gen III (15ES)

3)

LittleJon

Jon Ormond

LG+EG+AS kit

4) fleetfoot

Phil Becker

LG

5)

CraigRegs

Craig Ruegsegger

LG

6) FredW

LG+EG

7)

BobCo

Robert Fletcher

LG 2008

8) Mr_Canoehead

Ian Nicholson

LG + AS N64-9F

9) z9resusz

Ron Suszko

SL & LG

10) Diavalos

William Argys

EG + LG

11) BugR

Chris Edwards

LG

12)

SmashVol

Alan Keith

EG+LG+AS

13) blassoff

Barry Blassoff

SL Gen II

+ 12 FJROwners as of 1-14

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Ray. I'm in.

LittleJon

Jon Ormond

#N69-13LG +N69-13EG +N64-9FB3 T-Rex 2013-2015 Yamaha FJR 1300A FJR1300 Luggage Engine Guards Front Axle Sliders

I am in like Flynn for some EG and LG (Engine Guards and Luggage Guards).

Thanks for setting this up Ray!

PM with the last name. I hate to make any more google hits for it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for luggage guards (#N69-13LG) and front axle sliders (#N64-9F). I'd also be in for Engine Guards if they had them for Gen II.

Mr_Canoehead

Ian Nicholson

Alright, not going to miss this one. Put me in for the following:

EG (Black)+LG+AS (15ES)

SmashVol

Alan Keith

I decided to update now based on most recent discussions.............

Been back and forth a number of times with Freddy at T-Rex to nail this down, and while I won't discuss details, it was a little frustrating, but we're on our way. A tidbit, at one point they wanted all shipped to my house..... Uh... NO. So, anyway, we've finally nailed down 25% off all items, and you'll get instructions posted here tomorrow. Just trust me and be sure to follow the format to a tee, and use the top secret code. More tomorrow.

To summarize all the intended orders I have so far, 24 participants, the equivalent of 22 sets of Luggage Guards, 12 sets of Engine Guards, and some sliders, so we done good as they say.

There are a couple of undecideds..... I'd encourage you to make up your mind soon. Orders launch tomorrow but you still have some time to decide (Jan. 25).

I'll post this on the other forum as well. Thanks again to all participants.

Thanks to the organizer. All I had to do was agree to buy something that I was contemplating buying anyway, and at a cheaper price. Thanks for going to bat for the benefit of all of us.