• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy - T-Rex Engine/Luggage Guards & Sliders - Jan. 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beyond expectations! My records (if accurate) saw 40 customers participated. Being there were a few last minute ones, I emailed Freddy and he thinks it all went very well. He agreed to extend this to January 31, so if you're at all sitting on the fence...........Just follow the instructions to send your email order to Freddy.
Instructions to email Freddy? Somehow I missed that on the first post. I thought we were signing up on a list and then later wait to receive a discount code.

So we're supposed to email Freddy at T-Rex?

Medpilot, see post # 22 for ordering instructions by email to Freddy. You reminded me I had not made a note in Post #1, so that is there now. Deadline is January 31.

Just received some correspondence from T-Rex telling me that Freddy is no longer with them.

I hope that wherever he went, life smiles on him. He really did a great job with his part of making this group buy happen.

And thanks again Ray.

I had one of the most unusual experiences with T-Rex.

My guards arrived with no hardware. No big deal, just gave them a call and I was told to email them about the problem.

I sent them an email and did't hear back. I waited a week and sent them a follow-up email. Freddy emailed me back saying he'd mail out some hardware.

I replied with a thanks.

i get another email a few days later from Freddy saying that he'd mail out the hardware. I replied with a thanks. I figured he just forgot that he'd already replied to my last email.

A week later I received two different packages with the same hardware.... So now I have two sets of hardware. I just figured they must be working lots overtime over there.

So i go to install the guards and noticed that I have two left-side guards. Something I didn't even notice on my original inspection so I can see how someone could've made that mistake.

I emailed Freddy and he promptly shipped me out a right-side guard.

I hope the "mess-ups" didn't have anything to do with him leaving the company.

Overall the guards look good and I'm happy with them. I did have a small paint chip on one of the guards out of the box. No big deal though, that was the guard I sent back for the left / right exchange.

Well, we had quite a few participants, and we probably cleaned them out......... inventory did say zero for the last couple or so orders. Hope Freddy didn't leave for giving us too good a deal!! Medpilot, glad they made it right, even if it was a bit of an inconvenience. HTW1300, hope yours get shipped soon.