Guinness Record: Most FJR's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey

Reaction score
I pulled this info from the local Yamaha Star message board:

We would like to attempt breaking a Guinness World Record™ for the "Worlds Largest Parade of Yamaha Motorcycles" and according to the documents I got from Guinness, all participating bikes have to be brand specific. IE: Yamaha "STAR" so if your ride is some thing different than what's called a "STAR" Motorcycle it cannot be included or counted in the parade.
The record to date is 206 Yamaha TDM's.
Think we could break the record with the gathering of FJR's at WFO-5? :yahoo:

Kasey

Think we could break the record with the gathering of FJR's at WFO-5? :yahoo:
Kasey
You mean WFO-6 to be held in 2007? Maybe so.

I would suggest you talk to TwoWheelNut about volunteering to try and facilitate it.

I would suggest you talk to TwoWheelNut about volunteering to try and facilitate it.
2247302-plus1.gif

With 191 rooms at the hotel, it could very well happen with a few double occupancies. Also a good gimmick for attendance- Being part of a record attempt! I'll bring one FJR, who else is in? Probably best for Saturday morning, after the LD'ers get back from their rides and before the long haulers start heading home.

What about the largest number of motorcycles riding at 100+ mph? :rolleyes:

2247302-plus1.gif

With 191 rooms at the hotel, it could very well happen with a few double occupancies. Also a good gimmick for attendance- Being part of a record attempt! I'll bring one FJR, who else is in? Probably best for Saturday morning, after the LD'ers get back from their rides and before the long haulers start heading home.

What about the largest number of motorcycles riding at 100+ mph? :rolleyes:

150 Rooms. ;) Actually, this type of events falls under the hat of our Off-site Event Coordinator. That happens to be you, Toe, remember? Of course, skooter is just picking lint outta his belly button currently, so you could enlist him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt....I thought you were the numbers/stats guy?.....
Yes, my liberal arts degree in Social Science helped me so much in the math and statistics department.

......ummmm......just a sec.......

11!

I'm out of appendages to count. Did we break the record? :blink:

I'll help!

Actually, we should be able to entice quite a few Yamaha / Star motorcycles from the Salt lake area.

150 Rooms. ;)
The Landmark Choice Of Park City Hotels…The Park City Marriott recently completed a remodel of its 191 guest rooms....
So what are they doing with the other 41 rooms? Already rented to quick-acting WFO peeps?
Actually, this type of events falls under the hat of our Off-site Event Coordinator. That happens to be you, Toe, remember? Of course, skooter is just picking lint outta his belly button currently, so you could enlist him.
He might be better, having more notoriety, at rallying the troops for something like this. How 'bout it, Jack in the sling?
Actually, we should be able to entice quite a few Yamaha / Star motorcycles from the Salt lake area.
Better to check the rules and make sure Stars will count. The other one sounded like Star only, not regular Yamaha's.

Matt....I thought you were the numbers/stats guy?.....
Yes, my liberal arts degree in Social Science helped me so much in the math and statistics department.

......ummmm......just a sec.......

11!

I'm out of appendages to count. Did we break the record? :blink:
:yahoo: ...thanks for the laugh Matt...

150 Rooms. ;)
The Landmark Choice Of Park City Hotels…The Park City Marriott recently completed a remodel of its 191 guest rooms....
So what are they doing with the other 41 rooms? Already rented to quick-acting WFO peeps?
Nope. 2 other smaller groups have 40 rooms and I think there is one left on the concierge level. As I said: Rooms are gone when they are gone.

150 Rooms. ;)
Nope. 2 other smaller groups have 40 rooms and I think there is one left on the concierge level. As I said: Rooms are gone when they are gone.

I guess I missed the announcement that the room deal is lined up. :glare:

Wise ass. :rolleyes:

At this point, we can all look to IE for the additional delay in getting the website up. Thanks Bill, like we can't fuck things up enough on our own! :angry:

By the way, :fuck:

Wise ass. :rolleyes:

At this point, we can all look to IE for the additional delay in getting the website up. Thanks Bill, like we can't fuck things up enough on our own! :angry:

By the way, :fuck:
You could always just post a link to getfirefox.com on the site if it doesn't work with IE. :assassin:

Better to check the rules and make sure Stars will count. The other one sounded like Star only, not regular Yamaha's.
To get back on topic - my original post reads that the numbers apply to one model only and the record would be set for the MOST, ie: FJR'S IN A PARADE - not just parked in a group. ('scuse me for shouting but you boys are a handful.) :glare:

Kasey

To get back on topic - my original post reads that the numbers apply to one model only and the record would be set for the MOST, ie: FJR'S IN A PARADE - not just parked in a group. ('scuse me for shouting but you boys are a handful.) :glare:

Kasey
Kasey, cool idea, but work it out with Toecutter or his lackey, skooter (if he accepts) behind the scenes via PM's. The only thing I have to say is, 'liability waiver.' ;)

Kasey, cool idea, but work it out with Toecutter or his lackey, skooter (if he accepts) behind the scenes via PM's. The only thing I have to say is, 'liability waiver.' ;)
After some serious thought on this issue, I really think our best shot at pulling off a record would be next year at NFO. It's already a bit late, what with SS1K's and BBG's being scheduled, along with a full slate of other "Off-site Events". JMHO :dntknw: