Guy hit in head with .50 caliber ricochet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score

Subject:

Rifle Range - Read before Watching

IT JUST TOOK A BAD HOP OFF THE DIRT.

Turn up the sound.

You can hear the bullet head back.

Watch in full screen to see it better.

This is a very, very lucky sportsman.

The guy is shooting a 50 CAL

Watch the dust when he fires.

The target, a steel plate, was 1000 yards away.

You can hear the ping of the hit,

and then the bullet comes back and hits one of his earmuffs -

knocking it off his head.

The footage is amazing. You can hear the bullet as it tumbles through

the air on its course back toward the shooter.

He's lucky it hit the dirt first. He is okay, and obviously very lucky.

The bullet grazed his temple.

What a difference a half an inch makes!

Wow! That guy is lucky. I was hit in the head by a SW 40 cal off a tree stump. I thought someone had thrown a rock like Nolan Ryan pitching a ball. I can't imagine a 50 cal rifle round wizzing by my noggin.

"Son, do you believe in Jesus"?

Unreal! What's amazing is the trejectory came straight back. He is one lucky guy.

We used to fire (.30cal) into a "gong" about 200yds away, but it was made of lead, to help absorb the energy. Eventually the gong would get a huge hole in it and be remelted down to make another.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was cool. heh heh. cool.

Beavis_and_Butt-head.gif

Now, who would shoot at a metal target anyway? The bullet has to richocet somewhere. It is kinda like a fastball being hit right back at the pitcher. Good call to not shoot at "any more iron" hopefully never again and not just that day.

doctorj

The .50 cal BMG round can penetrate more than one inch of steel IRC. This round was originally designed as an anti-tank weapon ammunition in WWI. It has been in continuous use by the US Military (all branches including the Coast Guard) ever since.

or.....

whenever I see something too freaky to be true nowadays, I always think BS. Some people have way too much time on their hands (and a lot of talent with video editing)

But if that is true (the ricochet), that is one lucky sombitch

I got to shoot the barrett 50 cal a sniper friend of mine has. I don't know what kind of round it was but we shot at a ~2 inch thick steel plate and the round wouldn't penetrate but would stick in the target and bulge out the back. Crazy but at 5.00 per shot, one was enough for me.

I got to shoot the barrett 50 cal a sniper friend of mine has. I don't know what kind of round it was but we shot at a ~2 inch thick steel plate and the round wouldn't penetrate but would stick in the target and bulge out the back. Crazy but at 5.00 per shot, one was enough for me.
Dayum, from what I have heard those Barretts cost about as much as a small used sports car. Shesh what a weapon.

doctorj

Latest posts