• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Handguards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
Got a friend with a 2013 looking to put some v Strom hand guards on  it. If you have a set looking for a home let me know or where to get the best deal with hardware.

I got my kit through Partzilla, Ray. Bought it when they were running a sale but IIRC they were the lowest cost even before that.

~G

Might he consider another brand?  Maybe Barkbusters?  I put a new set of 'Strom guards on my '15 a couple of years ago and found they 'seemed' smaller, or somehow sat differently than the older designed ones I had on my '04.  They don't seem to offer the same protection against rain, etc. as the older ones as my hands seem more exposed than before.

Kit.  Can't remember where, maybe Revzilla?  They're definitely better looking than what I had on the '04 but they seem to mount lower or further away or something.  Every now and again I consider extenders like Garauld's or something.

What bolts are you using to mount the suzuki VStrom hand guards?  Or do you modify the guards?

I've been using "Freeze Busters" for the past few years during the winter months, and really like the way they shield my hand from the cold and rain. They are easy to install and take off.

What bolts are you using to mount the suzuki VStrom hand guards?  Or do you modify the guards?
Everything comes in the kit. You'll need a short spacer for the RH side brake pivot and slightly enlarge (dremel) the ends to fit stock bar weights. Done!

~G