Handlebar riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 99819

Reaction score
I have Helibar on my 04 fjr, does anyone know if there is a plate or spacer that can be added for more lift?

I have Helibar on my 04 fjr, does anyone know if there is a plate or spacer that can be added for more lift?
It depends what kind of Helibar you are talking about. I know of 4 different ones, so if you can be a little more specific or maybe add a pic, that would be a big help.

On my '07 I have a Helibar pullback replacement top plate with 1" Genmar risers on top of that. This setup required re-routing of cables & hoses but no replacement or lengthening. https://www.fjrowners.com/threads/made-my-own-handlebar-setbacks.117113/#post-1001097

It depends what kind of Helibar you are talking about. I know of 4 different ones, so if you can be a little more specific or maybe add a pic, that would be a big help.

On my '07 I have a Helibar pullback replacement top plate with 1" Genmar risers on top of that. This setup required re-routing of cables & hoses but no replacement or lengthening. https://www.fjrowners.com/threads/made-my-own-handlebar-setbacks.117113/#post-1001097
I installed the Helibar Riser Plate kit that bolts on the the top triple tree clamp for up 1' and back almost 4". I wanted more height so I stacked my Genmar 1" riser blocks on top of the Helibar Plate kit on my 2008 AE. I purchased longer stainless steel bolts
too mount the handle bars on the plate. My stock throttle cables had a kink in them, when I turned the bars lock to lock on the center stand the idle increased slightly, not good with a AE so I needed a new pair. I purchased a use pair cables and took them to a shop and they used the ends etc and made me a pair a few inches longer added insurance. Non AE models I'm not sure if your clutch hydraulic line is long enough, but Helibar will sell you a second hydraulic extension line.
This mod was HUGE for me being tall and 73, my back is not bent now (arthritis) and my arms and wrists are not sore after a 300 mile day. My bars are UP 2" and depending on which of the three bars setting almost 4" towards me.

PM me on messenger I'll send you pics from my cell, I'm on my PC and I haven't added them from from my cell.
Louis