Harley Ad sets new low

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
The latest Harley ad currently being broadcast hits a new low, IMHO. I've seen this ad multiple times while watching the X games (too hot outside) this weekend, with the target audience being obvious. New or young riders seeing these absolute assinine lane changes, (why bother signaling?) turning in front of a truck :)40) and riding on a sidewalk just reeks of stupidity and paints our beloved activity as a highly risky endeavor.

Maybe I'm getting old, but crap like this bolsters the negative stereotype that the AMA and many good riders have sought to change since the "Wild Bunch" movie came out. (Insert large sigh and shaking head here)

I think it's irresponsible too.

I guess they read that study that showed that the young people don't like them.

Born in the marketing department supported by a focus group with the goal of attracting millennials who see the world through an iPhone or an Xbox, delivered by a company on a downward trajectory who will do anything to remain relevant and firmly on the gravy train.

Just a sign of the times.

"Finance a Harley and make payments for a packaged persona of bad assness"

They left out the part where he got pulled over and spanked.

At least the guy taking out the trash was impressed.
rolleyes.gif

I agree that it is a foolish advertisement. Unskilled youngsters who buy into it are going to try to ride like that in traffic and many will crash.

Just got back from a long ride through several states/provinces, noticed that the predominant brand (by far) of motorcycle was HD. I did see more FJRs on this ride than I have in the past so both companies must be doing something right!

Check out revzilla's ride report.

Lost what little interest I had when Lemmy taked about the front brake/ or lack there of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Not much to worry about there. I see so many people doing so much stupid shit on motorcycles, they way that guy was riding was almost polite. However, think about it like this: If even 15% of could ride like that, they'd be riding different bikes.

D-bags, all of them.