Has anyone replaced the rider foot pegs?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeg

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced the rider foot pegs with something more robust? I find that after riding for several hours the bottoms of my feet begin to get sore. I was looking at a few products offered by Kuryakin but wanted to get some feedback before I made the switch. I've never ridden a bike with floor boards but I suspect it is much more comfortable than the standard slim pegs that come with the FJR.

Thanks in advance!

Check with TWN. He actually replaced his with a set that was adjustable. I forget what they were called. I'll try to find the thread.

Has anyone ever replaced the rider foot pegs
B)

megabling.jpg

IMO, if you add floorboards to the FJR you will be handicapping cornering ability. What about mounting points for floorboards, will you need more than one? Have you checked into getting a better or sturdier pair of riding boots/shoes?

Has anyone ever replaced the rider foot pegs with something more robust? I find that after riding for several hours the bottoms of my feet begin to get sore. I was looking at a few products offered by Kuryakin but wanted to get some feedback before I made the switch. I've never ridden a bike with floor boards but I suspect it is much more comfortable than the standard slim pegs that come with the FJR.
Thanks in advance!
What boots are you wearing?

OCfjr, I have been using a pair of Vendramini boots for the last 10+ years but have got a pair of Sidi B2 Gore boots on order.

Rather than floor boards I was thinking of pegs like these: Kuryakyn #7963
Kuryakyn make some nice stuff, I have their highway pegs.

14365_kur_7963_tt_u_pu.jpg

But the problem is that it's just so damn shiny!

But they look pretty comfy. 'Specially with those flip-flops. :)
Send them to Girauld for powdercoating....that's what I did.

We don't need no stinkin chrome....

OCfjr, I have been using a pair of Vendramini boots for the last 10+ years but have got a pair of Sidi B2 Gore boots on order.
Great quality with either of those. I have noticed discomfort with leather soled boots in the past, but not with the more modern riding boot designs. I've been wearing Oxtar Matrix boots for the last 90k or so w/o discomfort. I do wonder if the insole/shank of your Vendraminis has broken down over time and adding to your discomfort. I believe that was part of my issue with a well used set of WestCo boots I had been using.

Good luck with the changes and share your impressions with the forum after you've had some time to evaluate the new pegs and boots.

Thanks everyone for the info. I like the idea of powdercoating the shine out of the Kuryakyns! I think this is the route I'll go.