Have the terms and rules changed with regards to vulgarity?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flagstaff

Reaction score
From the Forum Terms and Rules:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or dafamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, troll-like, or other wise violative of any law.

I'm new to the site, and maybe this has been addressed before, but it would seem to me that there are some frequent posters who violate the terms and rules on a regular basis, specifically with regard to vulgarity.

I personally find it annoying when certain posters continually take threads off topic with posts that they seem to think are funny, and often are directed at a few fellow board members. Personal messages would seem to be the appropriate place for the resulting banter. But even if this type of post highjacking is acceptable board behavior, I would think the vugar and crude remarks that are frequently found in these posts would be in violation of the forum terms and rules.

I understand that what one might consider vulgar is subjective, but without pointing out specific posts (unless you'd like me to) it seems that the vulgarity line is crossed on a regular basis. I'm sure we are all smart enough to know what I am referring to in this case.

So, where do the board administrators stand on this issue?

Ohhhhhh Man!!!!!!
fool.gif
lol.gif

Nope.. Not gonna do it.
whistling.gif

He must have just finished Sunday Services so..... I'm be nice until I've had me first Cocktail.....
rolleyes.gif

Beemerdon's Where the FUCK are You?!?!
headsetsmiley.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beemerdon's Wher...are You?!?!
headsetsmiley.png
In Mexico, with MEM. No cell service, no wifi, heck- no electricity. In the rain and mud. Don't expect to hear from Beemer for a while. Really! We will be checking for any new tattoos.

Reactions: MEM
I found found the FJR forum is a great place for everything FJR and a little bit more....
omg2.gif

Item six in the forum guidelines makes it permisable to post a little bit more

I am still learning what passes for ok and not ok out here.

Hey Johnny80s is that church right next to the racetrack?

I found found the FJR forum is a great place for everything FJR and a little bit more....
omg2.gif

Item six in the forum guidelines makes it permisable to post a little bit more

I am still learning as for what passes for ok and not ok out here.
It's permissible to imply I have relations with livestock...Actual pictures will bring down the house on ya.

I'm going for a little Bike Ride. Don't any of you Guys/Gals say anything Rude or Vulgar while I'm gone!
no.gif

Hey Flagstaff,

You're raising a good point...I'm fairly new myself, and I like this forum a lot.

I was like a month here, when I thought I'd be cordial in reminding a fella on something price related, I failed to do that in a PM, and got frankly rear ended BAD, not to say ASS FUCKED ( Did I write that out loud? Damn).

Look I hope you're catching my drift, I don't mean to be derogatory, I luv 'me all.

How did it end for me? Easy, coaching by a few fine members, and anymore I don't think or interpret, I just live in the moment and enjoy it a lot. If some one might cross a line, I answer with a funny answer, this deflects the issue and all is good....

If you now want to digest deep, sure I have to agree, that's all but good. But IMHO, I love those throw ins a lot, as I found them in parts comical!

So my take ever since, luv 'me ALL, enjoy life as is and keep on moving, I ain't wasting my valuable time over digesting things.....

Again, I like your point a lot! Just keep it on the lighter side, it helps, I can tell from experience!

Take good care mate! This forum is a well of knowledge and experience, and when you shout out everybody will be here to help!

V

RPK

I'm going for a little Bike Ride. Don't any of you Guys/Gals say anything Rude or Vulgar while I'm gone!
no.gif
Who us? What $&*@ are you talking about ya talking about? Enjoy your ride - I am green with envy. It is low 40's, grey and wet in Seattle today.

Status
Not open for further replies.