Have you or will you be in an accident?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many miles have you ridden and been in one or more an accident?

• Total voters
My friend took this picture after I had a run-in with a kamikazi forest rat. Show here is the long skid mark from the back tire on a V-star, the center is the scrap from the frame, and left of that the two skids from my boot as the peg got to the ground and pulled my foot off the peg (twisting my leg 90 degrees). And to the right is the offending rat, who was unable to comment about the incident!!

I was fortunate enough not to have gone down or have any traffic coming the other direction, as i ended up in the left lane. Rode about another mile to a safe place to call the for help.

Happened with 50k under my belt. Now I have over 120k.

I could not cast my vote in the poll, because I have never had an accident, not even a simple drop. Therefore, I could not respond to the second question in the poll, and it would not allow my vote to be counted.

Oops, I hope I did not just jinx myself.
not_i.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not cast my vote in the poll, because I have never had an accident, not even a simple drop. Therefore, I could not respond to the second question in the poll, and it would not allow my vote to be counted.
Oops, I hope I did not just jinx myself.
not_i.gif
As has been said many times before, "There are two sorts of motorcyclists, those who have dropped their bike and those who have yet to drop their bike."

Last edited by a moderator:
Had just over 250,000 miles. September 13th of 2013 a van took off from a stop sign approx 2 seconds in front of me. Got on the brakes, but my wife and I hit it at 55mph. I won't be riding for another year or two due to the concussion, but hope to get at least another 250,000 before I stop riding! Oh, I did get rear ended by my brother in law last year too......still, that was only a month or so before the van, so milage is the same.