Heading toward Texas, let's ride Ark/Mo first.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a better time than I could have ever imagined. We are in Northern Louisiana at Johns house.

For those of you that have not been down here, the food is so amazing. The people here are so hospitable.

I hope the later ride report will be eloquent enough to depict the spectacular time I am having. Unfortunately my camera on my iPhone is malfunctioning. Many of the pictures are not focused well. Joey and Andrew will have to support the report with their good pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few decent pics, I think Pop has a few as well. I am on Hot Standby just waiting to post.

I am thinking that when Cav gets home his wife and kids will not recognize the fat guy that wants into their house. He better hit the gym and cut back on the carbs or he will be shopping for new riding clothes and sleeping on the couch.
smile.png

Dad and I talked at length about how much we both enjoyed this. He was proud to have been part of it. He made it a point to offer me his camera card for when the RR gets posted.

While you two clowns recover from Tequila Bottle Flu, I am sipping a cup of Community Dark Roast listening to the rain falling. Be careful my friends.

We had another nice day. Roads were wet most f the day, but we still managed just fine.

Hotelling in Vicksburg. I found a favorite beer of mine. Life is good. Stay thirsty, my friends.

The ride report already has a title. Hopefully I can construct the words well enough to describe the amazing time I have had. I often did not think a trip could move me this much but the beginning middle and end have been emotional, spiritual, and exhilarating all at the same time.

Report coming soon. My camera has been acting funny, so I will be needing some photographic assistance from my friends.

BTW, there was no Tequilla flu either. We were ready to rock but rain slowed us slightly. Thanks to all who have helped on this ride and all the I have contributed to the report.

Josh and I split ways this morning about 7:30 am. He had about 650 miles to go today so I'm pretty sure he didn't mess around. OTOH, I was much closer to home so I wiggled through the forest and the swamps and made it about 250 miles today, and just short of 1250 for the 4 day weekend.

Pictures forthcoming.

I know that Josh is home and that there is more of him than when he left. Hopefully this "planning" thread can die and he will soon begin the RR.

Of course the selfish rascal is going to want to spend time with his family. It's not like they missed him or anything and WE deserve a decent RR.

Got home about an hour ago. Already un-packed the bike and made dinner. I made a quick meal with tortellini, peppers, celery, shrimp, and ham. Totally went creole and used the spice that my Lousiana brothers hooked me up with. It was a big hit and I then hid the spice so they can't use it all. Is that wrong???

Just checked the bathroom scale.........a change of 5.7 pounds. I will let you all decide as to which way the change was!! And that was after pretty much not eating at all today on the ride home. 678 miles in 10 hours and 20 min. We truly have amazing bikes!!

Selfish Bastard!
You don't know the half of it.

So he's not sharing the ride report, OR the creole seasoning? WTF man?
He is a teacher. They are just naturally hateful. I too am waiting on the RR.

Ride report will be shared, Creole seasoning is a different story. Silly kids don't need the primo stuff, they still eat ketchup on everything.
Really? Well where the hell is the Ride Report? If you are gonna share it, it would be nice if you could do it soon.

Just checked the bathroom scale.........a change of 5.7 pounds. I will let you all decide as to which way the change was!! And that was after pretty much not eating at all today on the ride home. 678 miles in 10 hours and 20 min. We truly have amazing bikes!!
Your bike is amazing for sure. The fact that it was able to carry your fat ass home without breaking the frame is very impressive.

I was a little worried that all the food these people were feeding me had something to do with an agreement with an alligator farmer. Like they were getting a price per pound on me for gator bait.