Heat troller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSrider

Reaction score
For the guys running electric gear, do you connect the controller directly to the battery or do you run it through a fuse block? I have mine connected to a fuse block but it is not working. It was suggested that I connect directly to the battery but I thought I would ask before I went and yanked the wiring and moved it.

If it matters where it is connected, how does the controller know if it is connected to a battery or a fuse block.

It doesn't care where.... but you should have a fuse. Mine are through a fuse block. Check that your key is on or if the bike has to be started to activate the fuse block, and that you have a good fuse in there.... and not hooked up backwards.

Stuff you probably already know:

Fuses are good.

Fuses can blow out and need to be checked when something isn't behaving as it should.

Fuzeblock has both switched and un-switched connectability.

Fuse's are good, it's an FZ1 fuse block. Key is on, bike running but no heat. I am leaning towards the problem being with the jacket. I am going to get a different jacket tomorrow and try that. The jacket I have now is one I bought of a forum member in the late spring and it sat in the closet until now and as well I didn't have a controller to test it when I received it.

Fuse's are good, it's an FZ1 fuse block. Key is on, bike running but no heat. I am leaning towards the problem being with the jacket. I am going to get a different jacket tomorrow and try that. The jacket I have now is one I bought of a forum member in the late spring and it sat in the closet until now and as well I didn't have a controller to test it when I received it.
Just hook it up direct just plug the wire into the garment to test it by passing the controller. Or check it with a Volt meter........... You should have 12-14vdc at that connection. You didn't mention which controller you are using but I have the Gerbing that has a small l.e.d. that flashes when hooked up and turned on for heat in the garment.

I had to expand the center contact pin on the heatroller source connector to get reliable contact with my Gerbing gear. Heatroller to heatroller should be ok.