Heated Seat Element

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a DIY kit from Amazon and installed it myself.  It wasn't all that difficult.  The kit was $30 and the switch covers were $6.  Since I do not ride with a passenger I installed the passenger element on both my seats; the stock one and the comfort seat I have. 

Overall I am very happy with the performance.  The low setting is noticeable and the high setting is toasty.  By that I mean I wish the low setting was a little more noticeable (warmer) and the high is fine. 

The kit was made by a company called Watercarbon, but I see the same exact kit from a few different sellers.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck.

I wish I had had heat included when I had my seat built. 

I’ve seriously considered the $100 pad that Warmnsafe sells. I believe it would plug into my existing w&s heated gear leads. 

I found a seat heater in the clearance bin at cycle gear for $10 years ago.  It straps around the seat.  Got an on/off switch and a waterproof plug to disconnect it when you don't need it.  Just wired it up to the fuse block under the seat. Velcro'd the switch to the side panel right behind me where its easy to reach. Liked it enough to find another one for the Wife.