Moving Battery to Under Seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynevb

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone relocated the battery to the under seat area? Is there a flatter profile battery that would fit there? Comments please. I was bleeding the brakes yesterday and started to free up a lot of the screws in that area. The FJR rear brake master cylinder and battery are located in tricky to work with locations.

Has anyone relocated the battery to the under seat area? Is there a flatter profile battery that would fit there? Comments please. I was bleeding the brakes yesterday and started to free up a lot of the screws in that area. The FJR rear brake master cylinder and battery are located in tricky to work with locations.

I've seen photos where it was done - but only on Gen I FJRs where you didn't need to move the ECU location. Also perhaps non-abs Gen I as that plumbing could get in the way. I *think* some police FJRs had dual battery systems with one under the seat. To change location would be a major ass-pain and not worth the effort IMHO. As for bleeding the rear brake, easy-peasy. What the heck were you removing to do it?