helmet hooks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLOWBACK

Reaction score
I saw a thread for helmet hooks a while back. They were made by one of the Forum members and hooked under the seat. Any ideas who this was and how can i order??

Thanks!

Flowback <_<

I believe your refering to FJReady (Russ). I purchased one @ $12 and had it in a couple of days.

~ Lauden

I was in a pinch and had to make my own. I only had aluminum, not the spring steel that FJReady makes it out of. I think the steel would be much better.

Because the aluminum is soft, I dipped it in the Plasti-dip tool handle stuff to keep it from shedding. I also rattle-canned the bottom part aluminum color to keep it from oxidizing and try to match the frame:

IMG_0602.JPG

-BD

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in a pinch and had to make my own. I only had aluminum, not the spring steel that FJReady makes it out of. I think the steel would be much better.
Because the aluminum is soft, I dipped it in the Plasti-dip tool handle stuff to keep it from shedding. I also rattle-canned the bottom part aluminum color to keep it from oxidizing and try to match the frame:

IMG_0602.JPG

-BD
Hey BD,

That looks too clean, like its never been rode... oh... :D

Sorry couldn't help myself! :bleh:

BD,

If you want a real one just ask. My real reason for replying is to congratulate you for figuring out where that rubber thingy under the seat goes. If I rode less and peered around under the seat more maybe I could have figured it out on my own.

BTW, that blue goo may extend the life of your holder, but if you don't have something on the seat to prevent chafing of the seat material you may regret it. I've got some patches of moleskin I'll send you if you want it. Just let me know.

FJReady

Thanks. I am probably going to trash it. I dicked up the length and it is a little hard to get the front seat on with the helmet in the way. I really gotta push the helmet back to get the seat by.

I have a gun cable lock that I also use, is a little easier for me, and may just continue down that road or get one of yours.

-BD

Freakin' Yamaha dropped the ball IMO - no helmet locks - geez - when I got my bags with me they are full!!! Dick for. :angry: Even simple ones similar to the ones above were included OEM on my 929 & CBR XX. Oops, those are HONDA!

I made my own from about a foot of cable at Home Depot and cinch clamps. Funny thing now, I rarely even use a lock. I'm betting 99% of the thiefs see the cable & disregard the helmet. Whatever, Yamaha still should have included a basic helmet lock...

MadMike2

If you don't mind me asking, how did you mount the Helmet Guardian to the licence plate holder? In particular, don't the two side reflectors interfere to some extent? Do the helmets rest on the side cases or the hot exhaust pipes? Are you happy with the convenience and security? You wouldn't happen to have a picture, would you? Thanks.

Tony

I took the Guardian locks off of their "frame" and installed them upside down to the underside of the Givi rack. You can barely see it and it works great.

I have also heard that the Helmet Guardian is offered with a choice of two tumblers, one of which accepts the Yamaha key--

I took the Guardian locks off of their "frame" and installed them upside down to the underside of the Givi rack. You can barely see it and it works great.
Pictures please. Wondering what spacing you used.

Thx.