Helmet noise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pondering getting a Neotec II (No flames about price, please, I can afford it). Anyone tried this helmet out on the road? Mostly I'm interested in noise level.

I read or watched a review that touted its quietness. Been thinking about upgrading myself. Alex doesn't have any in stock at the BHMoto store so I haven't tried one. He is pushing the Krios from Klim, claims they are super quiet. All depends on how high the windscreen is, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pondering getting a Neotec II (No flames about price, please, I can afford it). Anyone tried this helmet out on the road? Mostly I'm interested in noise level.
The Neotech is helmet #1 but consider the alternates.

RichDoyle posted: ... I can afford it.
At last, I truly understand your screen name, RichDoyle.
coolsmiley02.gif

bigjohnsd post: All depends on how high the windscreen is, LOL
BJSD is spot on. Noise level is highly subjective, and I say that after riding for years inside inexpensive Bell hats -- which I still use most of the time. My Neotec, first gen, was worlds quieter until the Sena was installed. Then summertime came and I rode with the Neotec face shield up (essential, since it didn't ventilate well) and occasionally with the entire jawbone up. Neither mode of operation is quiet. Both are vital to surviving summertime commuting in the Southland. Bell hats seem to have no obstructions whatsoever to air flow, so there will always be one in my garage.

All of which leads me to this: I am quite skeptical of helmet "quietness" ratings.

In all fairness to any manufacturer, where a helmet is relative to air flow, how well the chin skirt seals (or not), etc., etc. aren't under their control. One rider's quiet is another rider's "in the middle of thunderstorm".

NTL, since when is almost any manufacturer ever conservative with their ratings?