• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nolan "Can Am" branded N104 EVO Helmet Charcoal Grey $125

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwv

Reaction score
****** SOLD **** Thanks for looking

Nolan "Can Am" branded N104 EVO Helmet Charcoal Grey ...Gunmetal color

(the Can Am branding is tiny... I was gonna cover it with a vinyl sticker 'cause I ride a Yamaha FJR, but it's too small to bother)

I bought this helmet "New Other", it was open box, never worn, stickers were on it.

I'm gonna call it "like new".. I did a good job getting the few bugs that landed on it off, and there are no scratches on it I can see.

I finally got it out of the box a couple weeks ago, got my Sena Bluetooth moved over to it, rode to town a handful of times (2.5 miles, maybe 4 times) and took a 180 mile ride with it the yesterday.

This was my first modular / flip up helmet.

This does not come with the audio system... but they do sell a Nolan system for it. (My Sena SMH5 Worked nicely in it too...but I'm keeping that)

The Mod helmet scene is just not for me. I've used "dual sport" or dirt full face helmets all my life and think I just want to keep with them. I miss the visor, and although you can take this one off without opening the face, it's easier to do so with my big head and sunglasses... and I'm not just not liking the extra step. (I really want an Aria XD, and shoulda just went that way to begin with)

I ride with the visor open mostly... and this visor is huge, so with it open, the wind catches it a bit.

I thought it would be quieter.. It's just average.. maybe a little better...

Also, I wear earplugs, and maybe its "where my ears are" or maybe I'm not putting them in far enough, but the

cheek pads just don't sit right against my ear with the plugs in.

Not a bad helmet, I just like my old one better... thought this would be amazing so pulled the trigger.

This is an XXL. I have a medium oval head and it fits great.

For comparison, I use an XL in HJC helmets, XL in Simpson, XL in AGV, and XXL in AFX helmets.

This helmet has 4.5 stars on Revzilla, and great reviews elsewhere. Google it... its a top notch well made lid.

Here's the Revzilla page with a review... https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n104-evo-helmet-solid

It currently sells for $405 on closeout most places if not more...and looks like original price was $449

I got a good deal on eBay and I'm just looking to recover some of that.

It comes with the pin-lock clear anti-fog insert, I had it in for the ride... took it back out and cleaned it to store or sell it. Also comes with a really nice storage bag.

I'm selling for $125 if you can pick it up, or $150 shipped in the continental US.

Payment up front, Paypal, money order, cash, etc... no personal checks unless you want to wait 'til it clears, then I'll ship.

This is a more than fair deal, so I'm not going to budge at all on the price. I'm not big on dickering...just right up front with my lowest offer. The flip side is I'm not looking to make money in it.

Thanks

Here's my Craigslist Ad:
https://oneonta.craigslist.org/mpo/6199748551.html

00n0n_3UUiCDmrbmM_1200x900.jpg

01616_lyDlawjqz5K_1200x900.jpg

00909_3SDwRo6PSo4_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_9hBCTBduSpi_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_eX0ZgJNGgsf_1200x900.jpg

01313_e6gy82X4V2V_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_jtCRHs442Sr_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_71Ho2fhShFs_1200x900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the best helmets I've ever worn. I've used them as primaries for over 100,000 miles.

One of you fat heads needs this. If mine wasn't new I'd buy it. Great price,GLWS

Thanks guys and gals :) ... I appreciate it.

Just got a PM.. so wanted to clarify a couple things.

Still for sale.. no dibs yet.

If you send PayPal, it should be gifted so it doesn't cost me the fee.

I do think $125 plus shipping cost is fair for this lid. I had not planned on budging on price at all.
(Not saying I wont budge if it doesn't go in a month or so... but not today)

I watched for months(literally) on eBay, CL, Clearances, etc... and jumped on this one at $190... never saw anything (Except black..too hot for me) for less than $235 before nor after...

I said $150 shipped... I will make the offer that if you really do want it, I can go to the PO and get a real cost, and just add that to the $125 I'd like to recover. (If it winds up more than $150.. the $150 stands...your gain)

Shipping cost examples... I went to USPS.com, put in 12x12x14" 6lbs Priority Mail ... Los Angeles CA shipping is $43(ouch), St Paul MN is $28, Albany NY is $12

Full disclosure: Here is the listing I bought it from:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOLAN-N104-EVO-HELMET-CAN-AM-2X-LARGE-CHARCOAL-GRAY/142380363468?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Here is a black one selling for $140 shipped right now on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOLAN-N104-EVO-HELMET-CAN-AM-2X-LARGE-BLACK-BRAND-NEW-/162574801993?hash=item25da369c49:g:3dwAAOSw42JZEJ4L&vxp=mtr

Here is the lowest I can find this color in a 2xl anywhere ($235)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Nolan-N104-EVO-Motorcycle-Helmet-Lightweight-eyeware-compatible-/282399734775?var=&hash=item41c055fbf7:m:mInOQBm8aQkIoxbIT2QNrhA&vxp=mtr

Thanks

Do you know your hat size? I'm not big on modulars, but for $150, it's not a huge risk to try. However, it has to fit. I wear an XL in most helmets I've worn. My current Scorpion EXO1000 is an XL. According to Stetson and Resistol, my head is a 7 1/4. Maybe a bit bigger now.

I'm an xl in shoei and an xl in Nolan modulars. And I've owned L/XL/ and XXL n103's and N104's. I was fine in the XXL, admit the XL fits better, and the L is just too snug. Shell size is the same XL and XXL, so you can always switch pads and have an XL out of this helmet.

Do you know your hat size? I'm not big on modulars, but for $150, it's not a huge risk to try. However, it has to fit. I wear an XL in most helmets I've worn. My current Scorpion EXO1000 is an XL. According to Stetson and Resistol, my head is a 7 1/4. Maybe a bit bigger now.
Hey Zilla :)

I've no idea my hat size...never had a Scorpion helmet nor a Stetson...

Do you like the Scorpion EXO? Hows the finish? I was looking at the EXO-AT905 dual sport, but am unfamiliar with the brand.

I just measured the fattest part of this lump on my shoulders and I get 24 3/8" or 62cm ... Nolan says XL is 62 CM, and 63cm is 2XL

I do like the sizing of the Nolan on my head. I'd say perfect fit for me. so maybe I'm off by a cm...

I dunno if this will help...

AFX says XXL is 64-65... but my FX-39 XXL AFX fits my 62cm noggin perfectly.

HJC says XL is 61-62cm... my CL12 XL HJC is a little bit tighter that I like.. but its still comfy...so close that I dunno if I'd brave the 2XL in HJC

As I measured my skull, My wife was very abusive and said mean things...I used to like her so much... but she then said something about "bulbous", and giggled cruelly... and she used to be so nice...

I'm an xl I'm shoei and an xl in Nolan modulars. And I've owned L/XL/ and XXL n103's and N104's. I was fine in the XXL, admit the XL fits better, and the L is just too snug. Shell size is the same XL and XXL, so you can always switch pads and have an XL out of this helmet.
Good to know... Thank you.

How did the sena install into this helmet?
I was happy with the way if fit. I have the SMH-5

I used the stick-on mount for the base, and put it right over the location Nolan provides for their audio system. This allowed for a reasonably flat surface to stick it to and there's a little plastic plug that pops out for the Nolan setup that provides a wire-way into the lid without altering the helmet at all.(and pops right back in)

I see where some folks on the interwebs cut a slot in the lower edge cover on the helmet so they can use the "clamp on" style mount...The double faced tape i used is decent, so I didn't see any gain at all in cutting up a nice helmet...and my install looked a bit nicer without the clamp hanging below the edge.

The only real challenge was that the wire on the boom mic was too short. I had to extend that wire about 7.5".

I did so, so that I could use the OE space Nolan provided for the mic boom to pass through, which is on the right side under the cheek pad.

(The Sena unit Mounts on the left... so the wire had to go all the way round)

The larger SMH-5 speaker set fit right into the speaker pockets in the helmet.

I had purchased the larger speaker kit after I found the stock speakers to be too brassy with no low end at all.

(The larger set are tinny too.. just not as bad and have a little lower range)

The SMH-5 universal setup I bought included both the Boom and the Wired Mics... so between having the "extra" set of "small" speakers(that came with it), and "extra" wired mic, I was able to cut the plug and socket from those 2 bits, with just enough wire on them to make a nice little extension cord.

It was a very clean, pro looking install, and left the helmet completely unaltered upon removal. The SMH-5 was just loud enough... It would be nice (for me) if it had just a little more output power. (probably good it doesn't...I like it loud, and that's probably bad...)

I put the "extra" in quotes relating to the mic and speakers, because I do use those parts in my old spare HJC helmet... so now the mic in that lid is hard wired to the speakers, and has a very short wire...no biggie..and it's actually good not to have a wad of extra wire stuff behind the liner and cheek pad.

Latest posts