Help posting pictures of GPS mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diverb

Reaction score
I'd like to post some pictures of the GPS mount from Radarbusters.com and the Garmin Quest II, but I can't get them to upload. Can someone tell me how to type in the url from my computers documents to upload them? Thanks

Your pictures must be hosted on another account, like "Photobucket". This forum can't host your pictures so they must be posted where you can use a "link" to the picture you have hosted there.

Clicky here for a primer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your pictures must be hosted on another account, like "Photobucket". This forum can't host your pictures so they must be posted where you can use a "link" to the picture you have hosted there.

Oh shucks. I've never even heard of photobucket. Is that something that I have subcribe too? Thanks for your input.

See imgred.com for an ad-free, registration-free alternative...

No affiliation, other than as a satisfied user...

Oh shucks. I've never even heard of photobucket. Is that something that I have subcribe too? Thanks for your input.

Photobucket is free. You need to register but don't need to pay. They do offer an upgrade for a fee but, being parsimonious, I haven't tried that.

An alternative method to posting pictures from another web site:

• Locate the image you want
  • right click on the image
  • click on "PROPERTIES"
  • find the line that says "Address" or "URL", it will look like this: ptth://www.fjrforumdotcom/forum/banner06.jpg
  • click and drag your mouse across the address then copy the highlighted address
  • now, in the Forum message you are writing click on the "Insert Image" button and paste the address into the box
  • Results:
30996black.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]image property of radarbusters.com[/SIZE]
The image is linked by the address, if the site you 'borrowed' the image from makes any changes to the address or name at a later time the picture will stop showing. If you copied the picture from someplace like your own Photobucket account that won't happen. Remember, you are using someone else's picture without their knowledge or approval. If you are using someone else's picture it is good etiquette to get permission to use the picture or at the very least acknowledge the source.

The following picture was ripped off from diverb totally without his knowledge or consent: ;)

av-3780.jpg