Home Brew Beer etc

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbeavk

Bigbeavk
Reaction score
Just finished week 6 of Brewing Class and now the wait is killing me!

Week 1 British Brown Ale 5gal Bottled Jan 27th Tasted one last week. Needs a little more time

Week 2 Foreign Style Stout 5gal Bottled Feb 3rd Tasted one last week. Tastes good but as I expected needs more time.

Week 3 Dbl Choc Porter and Belgian Wit 10 gal Bottled Feb 17

Week 4 Small Scottish Ale 5 gal

Week 5 Dirty Filthy Blonde Ale

Week 6 Russian Imperial Stout 10 gal Split and added 4lb Raspberry to 5 gal. I was told to leave it alone for a year once it's bottled. Like I can wait that long. :rolleyes:

Week 7 Bitenburger Pilsner

Now the wait. :dribble:

But at least I can sample as they age :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
:drinks: MMMMMM........beer!

I've been getting into craft brews a lot lately. Just did my first Brew club session at Vine Park in St Paul. We bottle it this Wednesday....did 6 varieties, which we split amongst the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, now you're reminding me of college, when my roommates & I used to homebrew. We got pretty inventive. Right now I'm drinking Orange Blossom Pilsner, which is a "local brand" from Publix, and it ROCKS. Since nobody I know drinks, I can't really do the homebrew thing.

Week 1 British Brown Ale 5gal Bottled Jan 27th Tasted one last week. Needs a little more time

Week 2 Foreign Style Stout 5gal Bottled Feb 3rd Tasted one last week. Tastes good but as I expected needs more time.

Week 5 Russian Imperial Stout 10 gal Split and added 4lb Raspberry to 5 gal. I was told to leave it alone for a year once it's bottled. Like I can wait that long. :rolleyes:

Week 6 Bitenburger Pilsner

Hey Keith

Do you think any of them will be ready by Thursday ? Felicia and I will be in your neck of the woods then, and you may need a second opinion. :drinks:

All grain, or malt? I used to do my brewing with 100% malted barley, various flavor grains and hops. Spectaclar!

There is a down-side however. Figure out how to brew great beer without gaining weight, and you my friend, can be a millionaire.

Ok BigbeavK, you've peeked my interest. Obviously you know how to brew. I want the real skinny; Types of malt used, types of hops IBU's when you used them, yeast used, the recipe on how you cooked it and fermented it, The starting and ending specific gravity, alcohol content, etc.

Beers have classic recipes for the style but each country/brewer does their own thing to give their zing thing for their beer. Let’s hear it. ;)

Brew on Brew Master. :yahoo:

Week 5 Russian Imperial Stout 10 gal Split and added 4lb Raspberry to 5 gal. I was told to leave it alone for a year once it's bottled. Like I can wait that long. :rolleyes:

Week 6 Bitenburger Pilsner

Hey Keith

Do you think any of them will be ready by Thursday ? Felicia and I will be in your neck of the woods then, and you may need a second opinion. :drinks:
Absolutely!

We have a spare room so please do stop by if you can.

Ok BigbeavK, you've peeked my interest. Obviously you know how to brew. I want the real skinny; Types of malt used, types of hops IBU's when you used them, yeast used, the recipe on how you cooked it and fermented it, The starting and ending specific gravity, alcohol content, etc.

Beers have classic recipes for the style but each country/brewer does their own thing to give their zing thing for their beer. Let’s hear it. ;)

Brew on Brew Master. :yahoo:
I have all the recipes if you want a copy. I'll be adding them to my list on Hopville.com

All grain, or malt? I used to do my brewing with 100% malted barley, various flavor grains and hops. Spectaclar!

There is a down-side however. Figure out how to brew great beer without gaining weight, and you my friend, can be a millionaire.
We've been using Extract and grains because we only have 2 hrs of class each week. I'll probably do this at home until I get the equipment set up for All Grain brewing. Most of what I like is on the heavy or darker side so it's not really the type of beer to drink a six at a time. Plus I gotta hit the gym to keep my blood sugar down anyway. I guess I better watch it closer too.