How Can I Stop The Shifter From Turning Shoes Bl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me if you are not going to wear boots, then the little mark is the price you pay (if not worse). Safety first!

@ Gun

Concur!

I can see it now: Oh, wait a minute fellas! Honey, it's time to go...can you give me back my shift boot? I believe it's in your purse under your tampons... :dribble:

This thread is now for H - O - M - O - S. :airkiss: :angel: :clown2: :dance: :fez: :friends:

Besides, shifting with my foot? It's so, so, so dirty! Ick!

I just tie a rope to the lever and give it a little tug.

-BD

Brun, you're a dog, how the hell do you tie a knot without thumbs ?? Brazos I dunno about tanks but I got 1,613 on my Bradley !!!! Sorry..still gay...stichin and bitchin...

Bobby

Shifting with sandals/flip-flops on is easy. Wedge the shifter in between your foot and the flip-flop; press down to downshift, pull up to upshift. Just be really, really sure that you get your foot off before you stop at a light, or you'll s-l-o-w-l-y topple over on your left side, causing nearby cagers to snort coffee out of their noses. DAMHIKT.

I'm late to the thread, but I was going to suggest flip-flops.

You know, I wear boots, but I've seen lots of the sport-biker guys with flip-flops and they go really fast. Must reduce their drag co-efficient. More speed and no black marks.

(that wasn't even subtle)

/side topic threadjack

How about 'non-bike' boots? Anyone have an opinion? I've been wearing my ]Corcoran Jump boots as long as I've been riding, but have lately been thinking about getting a pair of honest-to-god motorcycle boots, (like these for example - not these in particular, but that style). Are they any better than what I'm using now as far as protection? My main complaint with the Corcoran boots is just the PITA getting them off and on with the lacing.

The MC specific boots pictured have a plastic heel protector. Those boots have a plastic instep protector. Some have shin protection built in too. I hope that answers your question.

I've got a pair of Gaerne motorcycle boots, and a pair of Wolverines steel toed boots that come up over my ankle. I probably wear the Wolverines more than the Gaernes...

The answer is duct tape. Wrap it around the toes. Not only will it protect your sneakers, but you will have a very unique look - kinda like wingtips. Don't forget to wrap both feet, so you are symetrical.

Did anyone realize Spine60 didn't respond to any of these. We have been had again. :bleh:

It is unreal that this thread has been answered 51 times, I just can't believe the crazy comments this has provoked. Thanks for the humor, Greg :clap:

It is unreal that this thread has been answered 51 times, I just can't believe the crazy comments this has provoked. Thanks for the humor, Greg :clap:
LOL. Props, dude. Props. :clap:

Spine60, You remeber the story about the little boy who cried wolf don't you?

OK gentleman I say we never answer another question from Spine60!

:p Just kidding. This is like something I would do. ;)

What did I do that was so wrong, I simply asked a question that everyone had a comment for. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kuryakin makes a chrome cover that bolts over the original shift lever. All for about $69.99 IIRC.

What did I do that was so wrong, I simply ask3d a question that everyone had a comment for. ;)
You da man.

We all have our talents.

Warchild Radman Bounce have a certain talent to give to this forum and you have yours. This makes for the great world we live in. :D