How many are not happy with their Corbin seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had Corbin saddles on previous bikes but not on my current FJR. Previous experience has been good because I like a firm seat - I have to say, though, if I didn't like a firm seat then I would hate the Corbin. The stock seat doesn't seem to bother me but I still wouldn't mind looking for an after market seat at some point (possibly a Sargent).

Can you get a Corbin that doesn't put you so low on the bike? I do like the upper position on the '06 FJR. The Corbin Smuggler is a great idea, but not if you sit so low.

I too like the stock seat. Purchased a corbin because the wife wanted a backrest (before I know garault was making and selling them). Put it on just before work yesterday. I like it, it is firmer than stock, also 2 in. lower making me feel like I am "in" the bike more than stock. So far I like it, won't know the final outcome until the wife rides.

Mike

I got the first seat for the FJR that Sargent produced. Got over 10,000 miles on it and have never had a single incident of seat discomfort....which includes a number of 400 - 600 mile days. Very pleased with this product.

There are many options besides the Corbin and I am considering at least one other... To add to the "confusion" check out: https://www.richscustomseats.com/

Of course any of you in the Pacific NW interested in a seat, probably already know this. lol

I think the statement about 50% hate/love for the Corbin must be about right. I've talked to lots of folks with the same results.

D2

anyone have some pics of the sargent on the feej?
Here's a pic of BBIII's Sargent. Oops...that air cushion thingy is blocking the view ;)

DSC05399.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have an 05 that the wife and I have done some 600 - 700 mile rides on - not happy - very sore on the inside of the legs where they meet the butt - picked up a Corbin standard and although it is better and that area dosen't get as sore it still is not great. The other day we were doing a 300 mile ride and after about 100 miles on the Corbin we were both squirming around on the Corbin looking for some comfort - now it seems that the butt itself gets sore - I will be investing in a Meyer over the winter or early in the spring the Corbin just dosen't cut it if you are doing 400 mile plus rides - Phil Braido

OK speak up how many and what do you not like about it.I had a bad experience with them (Corbin) and really don't want to use them but I also don't want to send my seat to CA and lose my bike for 2-4 weeks.

Sargent?

I have an '06.
With Sargent, they supply a complete seat with new pan so you retain the original seat. I have a Sargent on an '03, not sure if it is worth $600. I would try the '06 seat for at least 5,000 miles before going to a different seat.

Have an 05 that the wife and I have done some 600 - 700 mile rides on - not happy - very sore on the inside of the legs where they meet the butt - picked up a Corbin standard and although it is better and that area dosen't get as sore it still is not great. The other day we were doing a 300 mile ride and after about 100 miles on the Corbin we were both squirming around on the Corbin looking for some comfort - now it seems that the butt itself gets sore - I will be investing in a Meyer over the winter or early in the spring the Corbin just dosen't cut it if you are doing 400 mile plus rides - Phil Braido
I know exactly what you mean ... "very sore on the inside of the legs where they meet the butt". I just put on a Corbin close and rode 3 hrs yesterday and 2 hrs today. Overall - feeling much more comfortable with just a little bit of soreness in the same location. :) I plan on purchasing some LD underwear and hopefully that will eliminate all remnants of soreness. Also - I do not slide forward on the Corbin, which I did on the stock seat and that really annoyed me (and caused pain in the cojones). :(

I have a Corbin that I purchased from the sales board on the forum it is a close.

Had a Corbin on my concours took many mile to break in that rock hard memory foam. The

one thing it did not forget was that it was to return to being hard when parked for the night.

This one is a little to wide for my legs when comming to a stop and needing to out your feet down.

Do I like it or not survey says yes :clapping: weekend rider

Picture of my sargent with backrest! Well worth the money IMHO. Seating position very similar to the stocker, plenty of room for the passanger, my wife was more then pleased with the comfort. We ran for 6 to 8 hours a day for a week travelling through western Ontario. A+ service from Sargent, ordered on Aug 1, shipped on the 11th, delivered to my door on the 16th.

Picture002.jpg

I ordered a Corbin seat for my '06 this past Monday, and it arrived today. Everything was going great until I opened the box. SURE AS HELL, the seat had the same waves in the leather as other forum members have reported. :angry:

I just spoke with Corbin customer service, and they said I should try putting the seat in the sun to let the material warm up, and see if that solves the problem. WTF? :angry02:

I am planning on ridding all day this coming Tuesday, so I will use the seat as is for now, and then assuming that "Sun" treatment doesn't fix the lack of quality control, send it back to Corbin. The person I spoke with at Corbin was very friendly, and asked that I make sure to call him back to see if there was anything else that needed to be done, but I am EXTREMILY disappointed with Corbin.