How many FJRs do you see on an average day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bagged one in the wild just south of the Golden Gate Bridge. A high speed lane splitting fool! (Yes, that's our shadow on the road.)

IMG_0493b_zpsf753d0a4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very rarely do I see a feejer around Cleveland.

Perhaps once or twice a week in the summertime.

I only commute 2 days a week (but it is a long commute, 156 miles each way), I go down on a Tuesday, ride home on Wednesday. I see a few here and there, saw a 2003 going my way on the ride home (lane splitting) and a 2007 going the other way. I keep my eyes open looking for other Feejers.

Dan

I see one ... mine!

I live in Oklahoma. Around here, if you motorcycle doesn't sound like "potato - potato" then you ain't livin' right.

Think I'm the only one in Central GA. Saw 1 FJR last year south of Macon. Almost all H-D and sport bikes, with more BMWs as I near ATL.

Quite a few around here in North GA. On most nice days in the mountains, I see another one.
smithpa68, please PM me, bro. I, too, am often in NGA and I see zero FJRs

Think I'm the only one in Central GA. Saw 1 FJR last year south of Macon. Almost all H-D and sport bikes, with more BMWs as I near ATL.
rpm, please PM me, too. There is absolutely no reason the three of us can't roll together somewhere. Georgia has legendary mountain roads, and gorgeous rides through countryside near Warm Springs or Milledgeville.

I have seen NO kinsmen in metro Atlanta except one empty 2014 in the parking lot for the City of Dunwoody. He commutes every day, but I had never seen him before and have not seen him since. Left him my business card, got one email and then nada. I found another FJR rider doing the Big Money Rally from Alpharetta, but he cancelled the day before we were scheduled to ride through Chatsworth, Talking Rock, and Dahlonega.

Seriously, y'all, PM me. I'll buy breakfast at Waffle House and we'll ride for a half day.

<edited 15 mins later> PMs sent y'all's way.

<off topic> Is there a way to PM multiple recipients?

This thread makes me wonder how many FJR's are sold in the US each year? Anyone know a ready source for that data?
I have a December, 2012 copy of Motorcycle Sports & Leisure (a UK bike mag) that has a road test of the then new 2013 FJR. It states in the article heading that since the first model in 2001 (European perspective) they had gone on to sell 95,000 units. Almost certainly world-wide.

It can be really tough getting sales figures from the Mfrs, they keep those cards pretty close to their chests, at least as far as the US is concerned.

Dan

There may be a bunch of FJR's buried under the four foot snow banks around here but the only FJR I see is mine hiding in the garage.

I see four on a regular basis depending on the route I take. One guy works pretty close to me in West Chester but I only see him if I drive the car and take the highway instead of the back roads.

I do see FJR's often other than those three. There seem to be a lot of them in the area. There is a gathering of bikes the third Sunday of the month in Ephrata, the next town over from me, where there will be 1,000-1,500 bikes and there are usually around 10 FJR's. Talked to John Ryan there one day before he did his Alaska-key west ride.

I think Philly and the Amish Country problem bring up the tourism count too.

There may be a bunch of FJR's buried under the four foot snow banks around here but the only FJR I see is mine hiding in the garage.
Yo, 'fitter.

Howzaboot your yearly photo of that

stuff-piled-upon-stuff,

hoarder-lookin',

I-don't-know-how-you-can-find-ANYTHING-in-there,

garage?

It comforts me.

Ironbeam, That guy does not look like a fool. He is not in the high speed lane and splitting lanes in CA is legal and should be in all states.
The picture just happened to catch him in the right lane, he had been 'optimizing' progress across all lanes and was squeaking through little gaps where I don't think he would have fit with bags. I wasn't nearly as aggressive splitting lanes so he rapidly disappeared into the distance. I have no problem with someone else lane splitting.