How many tickets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many performance awards have you gotten since you've owned the FJR?

• Zero (I'm a veritable angel on the road)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 (Eh, I occasionally get a little carried away)

• 4-6 (I should either slow down or pay more attention)

• 7-10 (I can't believe I still have a license)

• 11 or more (Iggy is my "lawyer" and none of 'em stuck, so who cares)

• Total voters
When I got my first FJR, the fast silver '03, I got three speeding tickets in three different states (TX, NV, WA) until I totaled it in June of 2004.

Since then my riding style has not changed, I normally ride 5-15 over, and I've not gotten any on the fast blue, now silver, '05. All my previous tickets have dropped off my record too, so most likely I'm due.

dougc

knocking wood

none on FJR, 1 conversation with warning on the ZRX (asshole Forest Service LEO with a short man complex on the 90 road behind St. Helens)

Three pull overs, two head light flashes and a single finger wave...but we're still golden, all in over five years and two FJR's. I guess I'm jinxed now :ph34r:

--G

One pullover in two years, on the way to WFO 6, because I couldn't just leave Ponyfool to talk to the Trooper all alone...

One pull over by Park County's finest :eek: and a stern ass chewing :headbonk: :headbonk: , but no tickets. Knock on wood. Knock, Knock! :bike:

Never woulda guessed that 70 percent of this gang would be in the zero category.

FJR pig, I always wondered about proper etiquette on the double pullover. I thought you should sit off in the distance and make faces/gestures...

Three pull overs, two head light flashes and a single finger wave...but we're still golden, all in over five years and two FJR's. I guess I'm jinxed now :ph34r:
--G

So how effective was that finger wag? :rolleyes:
Finger wags and flashy lights going in the opposite direction work on me. Of course, I'm also an outta-sight-outta-mind kinda person, so the effect only lasts for a mile or two.

I'v been driving for 40 years in cars and maybe 35 on bike..

I drive my car 10 to 15 over the limit and get a ticket every 3 to 5 years.

I drive my bike 10 to 25 over the limit and much faster when passing and have never had so much as a warning unless you count the one tickit I got for disturbing the piece, I should have never lit off a hole strip of firecrackers while riding my bike.

For all the talk about dealing with LEOs for "outstanding performance" awards around here, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who hasn't been pulled over yet. (Yeah, I ride like a weenie.) So, how many tickets have you gotten since riding the feej?

Roadhammer here. no tickets as yet. I am lucky so far, but then I have a cloaking device

I was pulled over a couple of weeks ago during the Cape Fear rally -- I don't even remember where I was, West Virginia I think. The officer just told me to slow down and sent me on my way, so I can still vote 0 on actual tickets.

They can't ticket you if they can't catch you.

In my case, I got lucky. I got clocked for what should have been a $500+ violation. But the cop wrote me up for a $76 infraction because I slowed down and pulled over when I saw his lights come on. He claimed he never would have caught me. He said guys on bikes run all the time and get away with it, but I believe it's just plain dumb to run, not worth having a accident trying to get away from a pursuit. Wife was very happy about this when I got home, because it has slowed me down.

Well 0 for me..... But that's only because you said "on the FJR."

Now if you included, on a motorcycle, the number goes up!

Since then my riding style has not changed, I normally ride 5-15 over, and I've not gotten any on the fast blue, now silver, '05.
Ob Pics required, else existence is in doubt.
Check the various postings and pictures from wfo5 and wfo6 or look at the third gallery on my web page. The paint job is a couple years old now.

Actually this page: '05 paint has pictures.

dougc

really should update my avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
FJR pig, I always wondered about proper etiquette on the double pullover. I thought you should sit off in the distance and make faces/gestures...
Oh, I did that. I just did it right beside Ponyfool. My gestures were for him and FJR&R (who was the real culprit...) and the faces were from the stomach churning, diahrrea pains that came on suddenly as I tried to figure how this incident would be relayed at work later...

Since then my riding style has not changed, I normally ride 5-15 over, and I've not gotten any on the fast blue, now silver, '05.
Ob Pics required, else existence is in doubt.
Check the various postings and pictures from wfo5 and wfo6 or look at the third gallery on my web page. The paint job is a couple years old now.

Actually this page: '05 paint has pictures.

dougc

really should update my avatar

Went to the indicated link and see a bike that appears to be silver or gray but it's in the friggen shade in all of the pictures and you can't see dick!! Take some decent pictures of your bike man!!

Nice pics of the garage though. Holy shit. what exploded in there! ;)

0 so far on the FJR and I usually ride 10 over. I try not to be the fastest thing out there but every so often.......

I've probably been stopped 20+ times and been ticketed around 10 times; too many to count. The biggie was 90+ in a 35, burning rubber in 3 gears, and a bald rear tire....all on one ticket. That XS1100 was fun! Hey, I was changing the tire the next day so I figured I might as well have some fun. It cost me a couple thousand for a lawyer; I ended up paying a couple hundred for the bald tire and a promise to be good for a year and the other two were dropped.