How much $$$ for complete repaint of FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of these quotes for paint jobs include disassembly and reassembly? The only right way is to tear it down. PM. <>< :blink:

Jeff, you're killin' me!

Now, there's a solution for ya'! I'd be willing to trade, also. I think that the Black Cherry is hot & sure there will be others that feel the same. Wish I were in the market for a new bike... 'cause very possibly the '07 would be it.
See! Proof positive that it's a girl's color...

j/k...running away now before Heidi beats me up.... :)

Actually, I like it better than the Galaxy Blue. 'course I am gonna have my '04 for quite awhile. The way they keep adding weight to these bikes, FJRs will weigh 800 lbs by the time I'm in the market for one... :glare: STOP IT YAMAHA. How 'bout something in the 500lb range...
Careful there Mark... I might start making fun of you since you presently ride exactly the same color bike as this girl. Oh BTW... I loathe violence. You don't need to run.

Oh, and the same here... I'l be riding my '04 for awhile. No disposable income in this woman's pocket!

Come on Heidi, you still awake?
Dude, I was watching my favorite movie (back of my eyelids) at the same time you left this message.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

+++++++++++++1

I was thinking red paint job for mine this winter. I think this just solidified that decision. Maybe the R1 red though

devanator

Do any of these quotes for paint jobs include disassembly and reassembly? The only right way is to tear it down. PM. <>< :blink:
I'm doing the disassembly/reassembly myself. (which is by choice... I want to do the disassembly/reassembly. The painter initially said he'd do it, but I convinced him it isn't as easy as a chopper...).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll trade you my blue parts for your red.
That would be pretty neat. If you also traded tanks, you'd both have new bikes without any painting. I'm about 99.9% sure this won't work with anything older than an 06 because of the heat fix and the "fins".

Neat-o! :lol:
Well, I have an '06 and he's talking about the '07, so I think it'd work :)

I like the blue - it's nice - but they're *all* blue. I want something different.

Mine included disassembly and reassembly - a lot of work! It was down to forks, frame and powertrain.

I would post pics but can't figure out how to do it. I'm not exactly a Luddite but am not real intuitive around these infernal machines, sometimes.

I'm doing the disassembly/reassembly myself. (which is by choice... I want to do the disassembly/reassembly. The painter initially said he'd do it, but I convinced him it isn't as easy as a chopper...).
Your bike painted yet???

Woah nelly!

I think i will be getting some of this!

109913642_38358688de_o.jpg

That Red is Awesome looking!

If you go here you can find some pictures of Rogdebs '03. I'm sure Roger has some better close-up pictures, but it will give you some ideas of what's possible.

I think there are some other pictures in the "Streetmaster's" thread from July last year. :unsure: And I know there are pictures from various NorCal ride reports, but y'all er gunna hafta find'em.

Just wondering about how much $$$ the experience of getting a FJR repainted represents (typically). I know it varies by area, blah blah blah. Just looking for some budget numbers in case I decide to bite the big one for an 07.Be sure to check my profile in case you wonder what color I intend to paint it!

:D
Be very wary about repainting any stock motorcycle unless you have to. Repaints are usually consdered to be indications that the bike has been in an accident. The effect on the resale value can be significant. Some dealers won't touch bikes that have been repainted in non OEM colors.

John F.

Be very wary about repainting any stock motorcycle unless you have to. Repaints are usually consdered to be indications that the bike has been in an accident. The effect on the resale value can be significant. Some dealers won't touch bikes that have been repainted in non OEM colors.
John F.
I haven't found that to be even close to true on the FJR. The few repaints I've seen are either serious bikes (like the red one a few earlier) that want a tint change or are on bikes that already have had the snot rode out of them. Case in point is dougc's FJR Nimitz that must have like 80,000+ miles on the odometer and the amount of farkles including a fire extinguisher make the Hyundai color paint rather a small item in the whole scheme of things.

As for a dealer that wouldn't touch a bike because of it's paint color.....well I wouldn't let that dealer touch my bike anyway.

Just wondering about how much $$$ the experience of getting a FJR repainted represents (typically). I know it varies by area, blah blah blah. Just looking for some budget numbers in case I decide to bite the big one for an 07.

Be sure to check my profile in case you wonder what color I intend to paint it!

:D

John F.

+1

I'll worry about that when/if I ever sell the bike, which is only likely if it was to give me mechanical fits for a prolonged period of time. At the moment, I could care less what the future resale value is or will be...

Woah nelly!
I think i will be getting some of this!

109913642_38358688de_o.jpg

That Red is Awesome looking!
Wow, that is nice looking. I was thinking about painting my '07 Corvette yellow before the dealer even puts it together. Not that I don't like the black cherry, but I've always been a fan of 2 wheel visibility, and that yellow stands out alot better than the dark maroon.

Would there be any problems with the thicker paint on any parts? (thinking about adjustable air management stuff)

Thanks

Jeff,

All the shit you've done to your bike and now you want an '07??? Why?? You have a lot of miles on your 05?? Its a 'heater'??

Since RogDeb's too slow in posting up I thought I'd help him out! :rolleyes: It shines in the shade in this pic, you should see it in the sun !!!

RedSylvie1.jpg