How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 last Dec '08 and so is AIW (Angelic Italian Wifey)

90% solo with occasional wife riding (she recently was diagnosed with double carpal wrists, broken neck, broken back and is not allowed to ride until fixed)

14 year old daughter Mary Beth (like looking in a mirror) rides CMA events and happy PGR events (mainly welcome homes)

16 year old daughter Emily used to ride lots and even took a trip with me to Eureka Springs for a Vulcan Gathering, but now it's da boyfriend ya know

family are warm weather riders with no precipitation, and shortish couple hour rides unlike moi

all are quite supportive of my riding, ministries, and trips

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike (has a great family) in Nawlins'

70, solo 100%, wife quit riding 20 years ago...so far of all the replies, only one person older than me? c'mon you guys, I know there're more of you mature fellows out there :unsure:

OK --- Haven't been on for a few days -- I'm 72 and wife is "younger". She will ride with me any time she can. Got caught in hail one time she said "don't do that again". We used to go to Mexico -- don't go there any more-----

My 40 yr old son rides my second FJR with me sometimes.

58 and solo on the FJR with the dog in tow about 9,000mi/yr. When we ride double ( 15,000mi/yr.) it is on the GL1800.

45 2 up when good weather maybe 15%. Margaret is very supportive but i have scared her with immaturity on other bikes in the past. so it is taking a while to get her comfortable again.

I am in my upper mid-thirties. My wife rides with me about 15% of the time, but now that my daughter has started riding, my pillion time is about 20% of the time.

I am 54 and I can't give a percentage, because it would be based on how often I ride the bike to work.

So , it is more accurate to say I ride solo during the week if I take the bike instead of the Miata. And when I ride on weekends, my wife is on back. Sometimes we go out to dinner during the week on the bike, but I rarely ride anywhere on the weekend by myself.

If my wife did not ride with me and like it , I doubt I would have married her.

KM

56 and I must admit, I robbed the cradle. My wife and I both have a 2005 FJR with approx 60,000 miles on each. I can't imagine sharing the sites we've seen with anyone else.

Well, I'm 55 when I get on the bike and just a kid after about 10 minutes. 1/2 of rides is two up. My wife will sit back there hours, just kind of zones out. She missed a long sunset one time. No she wasn't sleeping.

Terri fell asleep a few times and thinks taking 40 mph corners at 85mph is fun. I guess she gets bored and falls asleep.

I am 54 and I can't give a percentage, because it would be based on how often I ride the bike to work.
So , it is more accurate to say I ride solo during the week if I take the bike instead of the Miata. And when I ride on weekends, my wife is on back. Sometimes we go out to dinner during the week on the bike, but I rarely ride anywhere on the weekend by myself.

If my wife did not ride with me and like it , I doubt I would have married her.

KM

How strange. I am 53, often ride my 06FJR to work, and I own a loaded 2008 Miata MX5 with the power retractable hardtop.

Last edited by a moderator:
46,99.9% solo cause wife doesn't like back seat on FJR, especially with no backrest. But gave her big diamond ring this weekend for 25th anniversary and she said anything I want for the bike is approved!
HE went to Jared!!! :yahoo:

oh, 40, 100% solo

Last edited by a moderator: