How to add RAM stem mount to 2017 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only think what Bust would say.
mda.gif

Dave

Will this Larry's Ram Nut fit my 2006?
THX
Yes.

Pegscraper - it's that easy. Install ball into nut. Remove OEM stem nut. Install RamBallNut. Torque to 85 lb/ft. Congratulate your bad self for being such an advanced technician!
The RAM mount folks sure know how to miss lead us with their recommended RAM (RAM-B-342U) stem mount.

The Motorcycle Larry nut / ram ball.. you suggested was a slam dunk. Even Grasshopper made short order of it: Screw off, screw on.

looked at numerous mounts and went with 1" ram ball mount on left handlebar next to brake reservoir with a 5 point phone holder, $14.95 on Ebay. Gives me good visibility as it is near sight line versus looking down. One mans opinion

Yes, keeping it up high is good. I tried to like the left handlebar location, but just could never "become one" with it. The ideal would be positioned above the instrument panel somehow, without interfering with the retractable windshield. It's where I mount it on my Vstrom and that location works very well.

100_1837.jpg

I have since run some audio extension cables through the dash and behind the faring panels to come out just in front of the tank, where I can plug it into my intercom system in the tank bag.