Hows the Heat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRAust

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls

Some may think this is a dig at those in the Northern Hemisphere as your just coming out of Winter but it's not.

I though I'd make comment of the terrible heat here in Australia at present.

This coming weekend the temp is expected to reach 44deg C across the greater Sydney region and 47+ at the base of the mountains (they are really just big hills)

It's 3:30am now and about 30deg C, no wind and very humid.

It's a great way to sweat off a few lbs.

Best finish off this VB (beer) and hit the sack..

Last edited by a moderator:
Know what your saying Mate, I'm just down the road from you.

Even the mountains (big hills) got a caning, highest temp in recorded time 37C usually it gets just a step before snow most of the winter and around 20-25 in summer.

I know why your into the VB, empty the fridge so that you can get in. More coming next week.

Stay cool Bro.

That sounds very unpleasant. Anything over about 32C and I'm pretty uncomfortable. Riding gets nasty over 35 or so when the air is warmer than the normal body temp. Hydrate all you can guys.

Hi guys and girlsSome may think this is a dig at those in the Northern Hemisphere as your just coming out of Winter but it's not.

This coming weekend the temp is expected to reach 44deg C across the greater Sydney region and 47+ at the base of the mountains (they are really just big hills)

Hey Mate, is 44deg C cold or hot?? Dang foreigners...use the old fashioned FARENHEIT! :p

Next you'll be telling us that you went 240 kph on your FJR! As if we know whether that is fast or slow!

Hi guys and girlsSome may think this is a dig at those in the Northern Hemisphere as your just coming out of Winter but it's not.

Hey Mate, is 44deg C cold or hot?? Dang foreigners...use the old fashioned FARENHEIT! :p

Next you'll be telling us that you went 240 kph on your FJR! As if we know whether that is fast or slow!
44 is frickin broiling! I prefer about 22 C myself. :)

If you have a digital thermostat at home, switch it Celsius. Confuses the hell out of everybody, but you'll know what temperature you like. I rode a Canadian model Katana for years, the speedo was only in KMH. I can multiply by .6 real well now.