HSTA awards FJR1300 to STAR Raffle Winner Syd Mayes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasportrider

gasportrider
Reaction score
The Honda Sport Touring Association just completed its annual STAR rally event in Kerrville, TX in the terrific Texas Hill Country. 300 or so of us hard riding sport touring riders had a great time on some challenging and technical roads and were sustained by some terrific Mexican food and Texas style BBQ. My break in ride on my new FJR was completed on this trip with side junkets to Big Bend National Park, the Ozarks and Barber Motorsports on the way home.

The highlight of the annual STAR rally was the awarding of our raffle prize, a 2008 FJR1300, to Syd Mayes. We enjoyed having this terrific bike in the lobby of our hotel throughout the rally.

Check out the new HSTA website and read Syd Mayes' story of picking up his new FJR at the accompanying link: https://www.ridehsta.com/hsta/

Riders of all brands are welcomed in HSTA and the club is actually voting this year on whether to change its name to make this reality more clear.

Give some of our events a try! Payment of a rally fee at any regional or STAR event buys an annual membership for new members.

Great story - surely Syd was told about FJRForum.com by all the HSTA riders, right?

Congratulations to Syd.

I am sure I am not the only one to think how great it is that a Honda ST group raffles an FJR perhaps somebody more litterally astute than me will be able to do the irony justice.

Actually, there are more non-Honda bikes in the HSTA than there are Hondas.

Because of that, they are seriously considering a name change.

But, lucky guy to win an FJR...

Last edited by a moderator: