I-405.... Toll Lane or Car Pool Lane?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeattleTy

LOVE 2 RIDE & RIDE 2 LOVE
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I-405 is a toll lane which means you have to pay to drive in it or is it a car pool which allows for multiple people inside to ride in, or is it both?

My friend just got a ticket with 4 people in the car.

He plans on contesting it.

Please share your feedback, knowledge or experience to I-405.

Thank you in advance FJR members
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
405 is now a special (and especially screwed up) case. Even with 3+ people in the car, you have to have a Good To Go pass with the pass set to carpool mode in order to drive in the tolled sections.

It's both depending upon which part of 405 you're driving and the hour you're driving the specific sections that can be tolled.

Not true anymore, McRide. While the tolled sections are being tolled, it is 3+.

405 has HOV lanes which means High Occupancy Vehicle. Anything at 2 or more is Good to Go.
That's not entirely correct. 405 is now HOT lanes between Bellevue and Lynnwood and has been for several months.

I thought it was 3+ on 405 Twix Bellevue and Quirkland. I can't keep up with all the new rules. Dotted white line, solid normal white line, thick white line with white reflectors and now double white lines.

And what does it mean Good to go Pass Required. Same sign says 2+ OK. So which is it WSDOT? GRRRRR. Or is it both?

No damn way I will get a Good to Go account and give WSDOT access to my checking account. Hell they can't run my licence plate and determine a motorcycle from a car and they want access to my checking account? No way. Too many problems reported and there is a 25 minute wait to speak with customer services.

I thought it was 3+ on 405 Twix Bellevue and Quirkland. I can't keep up with all the new rules. Dotted white line, solid normal white line, thick white line with white reflectors and now double white lines.

And what does it mean Good to go Pass Required. Same sign says 2+ OK. So which is it WSDOT? GRRRRR. Or is it both?

No damn way I will get a Good to Go account and give WSDOT access to my checking account. Hell they can't run my licence plate and determine a motorcycle from a car and they want access to my checking account? No way. Too many problems reported and there is a 25 minute wait to speak with customer services.

Just remembered there's another thread on this added to less than a month ago. Let's stick to this one please so we don't re litigate everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.