I am Finally an FJR Rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keone

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I drove out to Utah today to get my brand spankin new FJR..A.. I just had to share and tell the world...

K

Hi guys,I drove out to Utah today to get my brand spankin new FJR..A.. I just had to share and tell the world...

K
Congrats, Keone!

Where in Utah did you score it? Dealers in Vegas wouldn't give you a decent enough deal? :unsure: (Which I hear is a fairly common problem there.... guess the Vegas dealerships figure everyone is loaded with cash....)

2:

Hi guys,I drove out to Utah today to get my brand spankin new FJR..A.. I just had to share and tell the world...

K
Lucky dog!! Congrats. They tell me I still have another 4-6 weeks before mine gets here. I'm too old to wait that long! :blink:

Congrats, all I got to do is pick mine up but cant because of 2 ft snow :angry2:

Thanks Guys ... I totally stoked.....

Warchild: Yeah couldn't get any help from the local dealers, the guys in Utah were just OK but they gave me what I thought was a fair price and more importantly they kept following up. My only bummer is that they didn't have or lost the clips that hold the trim piece on the windshield, sales guy says they will mail it to me when they get it.

I gotta say the dealers here in Vegas suck.... I went to one dealer here, told them I was interested in buying a A model within the month. They told me they didn't have one, I looked at the AE model, all the while saying how much I really wanted an A. I was there over 45Mins and not once did any of the 3 sales guys ever said "we can get you an A model" I had my check book in my front shirt pocket. I was willing to give the local dealers a chance to be competitive and move a bike. but I guess there doing so well they dont have to try to sell bikes.....

thanks

guys..

I live in central Ohio and no dealership within reach would wheel and deal. All the dealers told me, "This is the only FJR Im gonna get this year." So, I paid full price for mine.

But anyway, congrats and keep the rubber side down!

Welcome - welcome to the most entertaining (and informed) group of riders on the planet! B) Cheers, and happy and safe riding. Jay

MKO:

First Impressions.... in a word...Wow!!!

If the FJR is an Orange, then the only thing I can compare it to is an Apple (My VTX1300C)... Totally different I know... I got the VTX before I realized what kind of rider I wanted to be. After getting used to the bike it dawned on my that 10-15 more mph's in the turns would be a lot more fun.

I rode about 100 miles today 2 up and here's what I found..

1. On a cruiser you can be a little more sloppy with your shifting...

2. The FJR feels "confident" accelerating, braking, turning, everything. (hard to explain but as I said, my last bike was a cruiser)

3. Shifter lever could have a larger peg.

I'm sure I'll notice more but right now I'm still just too excited to be on this bike...

Can anyone comment on "New Bike Smells".... there were a few but I chalked them up to brake-in stuff. I hope thats normal. Oh one more thing, the bike got up to 5 bars on the Temp scale and after about 20-30 miles or so dropped down to 4 bars. is this normal.

thanks again guys

Keone

MKO:
First Impressions.... in a word...Wow!!!

If the FJR is an Orange, then the only thing I can compare it to is an Apple (My VTX1300C)... Totally different I know... I got the VTX before I realized what kind of rider I wanted to be. After getting used to the bike it dawned on my that 10-15 more mph's in the turns would be a lot more fun.

I rode about 100 miles today 2 up and here's what I found..

1. On a cruiser you can be a little more sloppy with your shifting...

2. The FJR feels "confident" accelerating, braking, turning, everything. (hard to explain but as I said, my last bike was a cruiser)

3. Shifter lever could have a larger peg.

I'm sure I'll notice more but right now I'm still just too excited to be on this bike...

Can anyone comment on "New Bike Smells".... there were a few but I chalked them up to brake-in stuff. I hope thats normal. Oh one more thing, the bike got up to 5 bars on the Temp scale and after about 20-30 miles or so dropped down to 4 bars. is this normal.

thanks again guys

Keone
With regard to the "New Bike Smells" I did notice the smell of burning oil. This coupled w/ the sight of a fine blue/white smoke coming from my exhaust caused me some concern. I noticed that the point of origin appears to be from a very small hole located on the bottom of each of my exhausts. I called Texarkana Yamaha and was told this was normal. I purchased the 4 year Y.E.S. so feel confident that whatever problems I encounter will be covered.

Oh, about the smells, nothing to do with the bike itself but it has been I while since I rode regularly and I had forgotten than riding a bike is so much more viscerally enjoyable than being in an enclosed vehicle. I can smell cow patties in the pastures even at speed as well as aromas from restaurants I am driving past.