I Need Farkles!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

Modding Mechanic
Reaction score
I have modded the heck out of my old little VFR750, but I am a little at a loss of what to do to my feejer friend. I guess that is a testament to the Yamaha engineers, but I do like to make a bike my own.

I have been thinking and looking, but so far I can't come up with much more than getting upgraded suspension. After 3 years and 30k miles with the previous owner, the rear shock definately seen better times, so I am saving up for some nice fullly adjustable upgrades front and rear.

Other than that... I don't know. I can ride 8 hours relatively painless in the stock seat, so I am not in a hurry to replace that. The stock screen, though it could be a little higher gives me pretty good protections with not too much buffeting. I already have a GPS. Radar detectors are outlawed here.

What else is there to improve on this wonderful bike?

Radiator guardTOGs

Sliders

Other than that its all personal. If its comfortable just ride it.
Forgive my stupidity, but what's a TOG? (I feel a DOH! moment coming up)

Sliders is a good one, I did have that on my list. Which ones are good? I prefer not to drill holes into my expensive fairing though.

TOG = Tip Over Guard. Get sliders, not TOGS.

Brighter bulbs.

Magnum blaster horns and harness.

Cruise control.

XM radio.

Etymotic or similar in the ear earphones.

2 way radio.

Cee Bailey 4+4 windshield.

Powerlets for heated gear or plug in farkles.

LED lights. I have an aux brakelight on my licence plate.

Headlight modulator.

Brakelight modulator.

Gel grips.

Tank Bra.

Tank bag.

Top Case. Givi. 2 cases of beer kind. Please fill and ride to EOM.

Fenda Extenda.

FJR reflective stickers for your saddle bags.

FZ1 mirrors if you have trouble seeing through yours.

Foot guards.

Highway pegs.

Custom paint.

Dynojet PCIII USB.

Wilburs front AND rear.

Speigler rotors and lines.

Heavy bar end weights.

Heated grips.

Super Brace.

Scott reusable oil filter.

Datel meter.

K&N air filter.

These are a few of my favorite things....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking and looking, but so far I can't come up with much more than getting upgraded suspension.

I can ride 8 hours relatively painless
Ok, I know this will be fairly radical thinking and people might think I'm crazy :arrowhead: for saying so, but I think it's actually "Ok" to not to do ANYTHING to the bike if you're happy with it. For myself, I used to be happy with it until I started reading these forums and people started pointing out all the things wrong. I had no idea the bike was such a piece of crap until people TOLD me! ;) From there it was no turning back... the mirrors are terrible, replace the seat, get heat blockers, etc, etc...

My favorite farkle so far (because I just installed them last night) are the FZ1 mirrors. I have on order: Metisse Sliders, CeeBaily +4, +3 screen, Heli-risers, metallic tank bag, chatterbox GMRS-1, new grips, Vista Cruise, Sargent Seat... If I hadn't read about all these things I'd probably still be riding my stock piece of crap! Whew, these guys have saved me! ::closeterm: Hmmm... On second thought, maybe ignorance really IS blissful (and less expensive)?! :D

Well I saw a guy who glued lime green shag carpet to the tank and every piece of body work on his bike. It doesn't get much more personal than that. Not to mention stupid.

But what about some graphics? I always thought that the 03s would look good with a Navy Tomcat theme. And the 05 is just screaming to be done up as a Blue Angel with the yellow accent stripes and big yellow number.

Oww.. very nice. I like how it looks standard at first glance, while being heavily modified. That's what I did to my viffer too.