I welcome redundant questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still in this status months and months after my alleged attack on an admin. Funny, but his attacks were ok right? It would be far better if the admins acted like riders and not a group of pretentious cops here to police and correct one's every move. And here I was thinking asking questions was the whole point of a forum. And if the almighty search function was that intuitive, I suspect more members would use it. So after hearing member after member have a similar viewpoint, perhaps change can happen. I will agree this is a cool site. Very well run in many ways. I can only hope the admins can learn to mellow out learn to be a bit more patient. Rant off.
Feel free to ask to have that warn level dropped if it bothers you. You've missed out by not reading the FAQ on the subject, but that's your choice I guess.

And it's funny how you forget to mention that when I warned you about the personal attack that I also told you I agreed the admin was out of line and ended up having a talk with them? Hmmmm.

And the point of the forum is to share information and discuss motorcycles. Sure questions are part of that, but after hearing member after member being frustrated with a few that have an entitlement attitude about asking questions....I'll continue to encourage and prod people to use the wonderful search feature. We want contributors to build a community....not a lot of leeches to only take information.

...oh and Gunny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in this status months and months after my alleged attack on an admin. Funny, but his attacks were ok right? It would be far better if the admins acted like riders and not a group of pretentious cops here to police and correct one's every move. And here I was thinking asking questions was the whole point of a forum. And if the almighty search function was that intuitive, I suspect more members would use it. So after hearing member after member have a similar viewpoint, perhaps change can happen. I will agree this is a cool site. Very well run in many ways. I can only hope the admins can learn to mellow out learn to be a bit more patient. Rant off.
Feel free to ask to have that warn level dropped if it bothers you. You've missed out by not reading the FAQ on the subject, but that's your choice I guess.

And it's funny how you forget to mention that when I warned you about the personal attack that I also told you I agreed the admin was out of line and ended up having a talk with them? Hmmmm.

And the point of the forum is to share information and discuss motorcycles. Sure questions are part of that, but after hearing member after member being frustrated with a few that have an entitlement attitude about asking questions....I'll continue to encourage and prod people to use the wonderful search feature. We want contributors to build a community....not a lot of leeches to only take information.

...oh and Gunny.
My mistake on not reading the faq on warns. Perhaps you can assist here and clear this up. Yes you did mention the admin was out of line. I do share and contribute info all the time, so I'm sure your stating the point of the forum was a general comment not directed at me. I would offer up it is WAY more than a few that are concerned about getting jumped on when they ask a question. Either way, let's move on and go forward. Now WTF is Gunny? I know I know.. use the search function! :evilgrin: