IBR Assistance needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-B

Reaction score
I am back at the hotel in Allen. I have a '15 ES,

After I filled up with gas the bike threw a 42 and I could not swap through the dash panels. I started back to the motel and the code went away and I could swap anels again. But the odometer is not working.

We changed tires last night and the check engine, abs, and traction control lights all came on. The TCS eventually went out the ABS and check engine stayed on. I was going to ride with them on.

Any ideas?

Brian Church

484-614-4850

Not sure if the same between a 2006 non-ES and a 2015 ES.. but Error 42 - START? DRIVE?

ErrorCode42.JPG

Given you changed tires... maybe the rear wheel sensor area would be a good place to start? Wish I could do more.. Good luck!

Wire looks good. Does anybody have a diagram of a gen3 rear wheel?

I got the wheel off of ebay and did not get to mount it ahead of time. It did have tthe ring that says no magnets. Is there anything else for the abs?

Wire looks good. Does anybody have a diagram of a gen3 rear wheel?
I got the wheel off of ebay and did not get to mount it ahead of time. It did have tthe ring that says no magnets. Is there anything else for the abs?
What year wheel? Not the same from gen2 to gen3?