If you're boored read this thread - 28 degrees at 10pm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryoalty

Reaction score
The last five days here in Central Jersey have been cold and windy with snow flurries. Such a bummer, because my new bike is sitting in the Garage. Tonight there was a break in the wind, with the temperature at 28 degrees. Thus 10pm on a Tuesday, is the ride.

Not a bad night. All the clothes were set up. The US Army was kind enought to let me keep the silk long johns, with the long cuffs and thumb holes. If you don't have a pair of those, they're great. I have them on every day. Can you imagine that I'm still into wearing the same cheap ass green socks every day, even after 18 months of deployment. Anywho. I'm set up with a decent pair of gloves and the RFI neck band. I was warm, even though it was 28 degrees out. The throttle hand get's stiff with the cold, but you work it out at the lights.

The town cops did their best to tail me. They always ran ahead or timed it badly around the block and were way behind. The poor dudes must be pretty boored. Out of kindness I should have let them at least read my plate to run it. Well, I ran around town and the bordering towns. Pretty much the roads were empty. A 50 something empty nester with a SUV gave me a dirty look at a light. She caught back up to me, 5 minutes after passing her at 45mph on a double yellow. Poor lady didn't realize what a self centered ass she looked like driving that thing.

So that's it. Cold, somewhat painful, stiff hands after something like an hour fifteen minutes of aimless riding. The FJR is quite a nice bike.

Many thanks to you all out here. Just about every post is enjoyable to read. Warmest Regards and thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carver, I saw your wood rat post. Holy shit. This Cristmas, you know I'm showing them to everyone.

The dogs was the best one. They're so freakin smart sometimes.