I'm wired!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
I finally caught up with the modern world and put helmet speakers and mic in my Shoei. I had to cut out some foam to get everything to fit comfortably, but I'm happy with the results so far. Freeway speed tests tomorrow. I've got the Zumo 550 for music and GPS and my cell phone via bluetooth.

I'll be eager to read your opinion of the equipment. What kind are you using?

I installed the mic and speakers in my full-face helmet and had to take them out. Couldn't hear the speakers, and the mic was just so big I felt like I had a squirrel lurking in there.

The mic works great, but I'll just do without it because of its size and because the accompanying speakers aren't up to the job.

This is with a chatterbox bluetooth linked to a zumo 550.

I'm now using in-ear speakers which are perfect.

I have the Autocom and Zumo 550 and found that helmet speakers only is hard to hear clearly when moving at speed, I use in ear speakers / ear plugs foam type to block out wind and traffic noise I used the special helmet cord from Autocom that I can plug in my in-ear speakers, I use the Shure 210 with the foam ear plugs. the difference is like talking on the phone with my car window open and with the in-ear speakers windows closed the Shure's has a short cord with extention plug for regular use.

Marcus

I'll be eager to read your opinion of the equipment. What kind are you using?
I installed the mic and speakers in my full-face helmet and had to take them out. Couldn't hear the speakers, and the mic was just so big I felt like I had a squirrel lurking in there.

The mic works great, but I'll just do without it because of its size and because the accompanying speakers aren't up to the job.

This is with a chatterbox bluetooth linked to a zumo 550.

I'm now using in-ear speakers which are perfect.
I've got the Starcomm with the zumo accessory cord. I had to inset the mic pretty deep into the chin bar to get it away from my lips. I'll report on performance tomorrow. It worked great at lower speeds.

Pics Pics Pics & where do you buy the ear plug speakers ???
The in-ear speakers I like best I bought at the San Mateo motorcycle show a few weeks ago. PlugUp.com. $140. They're a little smaller bore and therefore more comfortable than the Etymotics I bought from Amazon.com. Both are really good at killing road noise, and the sound quality is flawless.

Pics Pics Pics & where do you buy the ear plug speakers ???
The in-ear speakers I like best I bought at the San Mateo motorcycle show a few weeks ago. PlugUp.com. $140. They're a little smaller bore and therefore more comfortable than the Etymotics I bought from Amazon.com. Both are really good at killing road noise, and the sound quality is flawless.

Perfect !! Thanks

Update:

This AM on the way to work (30 miles) I found that I didn't have enough volume to wear my custom earplugs once my speed was over 50 or so. I stopped and took them out and then had good clarity and volume. I don't really need the earplugs with my Cee Bailey +4, but have gotten used to having them in. I'm thinking I might drill a small hole through the plugs to see if I can let a little more sound through.

The other thing I found was that the microphone is still touching my lips, so I'll get out the dremel tool and take out a little more foam.

All in all, I like it.