Impromptu Tech Day - Part Deux 4/19/14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Bob covered all of the basics; it was a great turnout and a good time was had by all.

I traveled 185 miles up from eastern NC; it rained pretty heavily for half the distance...the heated gear came in handy. Valves checked good and we decided to skip the CCT replacements for now as we couldn't find a satisfactory way to extract/re-install the CCT given the tools on hand (it's a VERY tight space). My bike was the last, besides Bob's, to get put all back together partly because the old valve cover gasket refused to stay in place (we RTV'd in a new one)...Bob's heroics saved the day twice (catching my falling fuel tank and then repairing the sensor plug/wiring that had pulled out). I pulled out at around 8:30pm and got home just a few minutes after midnight.

Thanks to all that came and to Bob for hosting! That was fun and a bit adventurous. :D

My pics focus mainly on the top end of Bob's bike and my own, but here we are:

Bob preparing to vacuum out leftover debris from around the top-end.

CA_04201408385033-M.jpg

I really need to ditch the PAIR system...

CA_04201408385734-M.jpg

The gathering...Jay's bike on left, Bob's on right, mine in the foreground.

CA_04201408390399-M.jpg

Bob's neat manifold system.

CA_04201408384371-M.jpg

CA_04201408383707-M.jpg

CA_04201408382928-M.jpg

CA_04201408382070-M.jpg

Intech,

Thanks for a great time and letting us watch you guys do the work on your FJRs!

It did turn out to be a very nice day, and a great ride down away from the city for me. I even made it back home in time for dinner!

Thanks again.

That's what I am talking about, it DID happen!...and happen well indeed!

Good on you all for having this. I need to attend as many tech days as I can.
Hell, the way you ride I am right next door. I don't know why you weren't here!
That's kinda what I was thinkin...then I just figured it was to close for Tony to bother.

Actually I have been averaging about 70 hours a week at work since Bike Week. Trying to pay down some bills from last years riding.

Thursday I will be riding to Iowa. If you all pull off another tech day in the future- I will be trying to make it up. Looks like you had a good time AND got some maintenance done.

Actually I have been averaging about 70 hours a week at work since Bike Week. Trying to pay down some bills from last years riding.Thursday I will be riding to Iowa. If you all pull off another tech day in the future- I will be trying to make it up. Looks like you had a good time AND got some maintenance done.
Just don't go Postal on us!!

I will definitely do it again. Always something to do and I have the garage and tools. In fact, we discovered something with Jay's bike that I want to fix. I had to focus on getting my and Scott's bike back together, though. He is local, so sometime in the near future we will probably have another one.

Better late then never! It was great meeting all of you. I learned a few things and got my first couple hour ride in! Coming off an R1, the FJR is so much more comfortable! (just needs a better windshield) I think I'm in love!
punk.gif