(In)Tech Day 2019

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was on my short list but Saturday's packed here. Hope everyone has fun and doesn't break anything. (Bike-wise or body parts.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, pencil me in for this tech day, providing my rdl seat is done by then. Production date is 3/19 and their website say 2-3 weeks for completion, don’t think that includes shipping. I recall rt 250 headed that direction is a great ride.
Hope your pencil has an eraser, my rdl came in today, and after a short ride I can tell it and my body won’t be up for any serious miles till they both break in. Hope all have a good time!

Well, pencil me in for this tech day, providing my rdl seat is done by then. Production date is 3/19 and their website say 2-3 weeks for completion, don’t think that includes shipping. I recall rt 250 headed that direction is a great ride.
Hope your pencil has an eraser, my rdl came in today, and after a short ride I can tell it and my body won’t be up for any serious miles till they both break in. Hope all have a good time!
WHAT?? You have an RDL and you are afraid to ride it up here? That's what they are made for. You should just sell your bike now.

I’d love to ride it down there, but my pelvis and lower back are still touchy after being plated and screwed post crash. I need to break in the seat with some shorter rides till everything sits in the right angles. It’s only about 300 miles to your place, but judging from my test ride today it may be about 250 too far.

Yeah, I had an rdl for my 04 and loved it, and also had a used Laam that was great for daily use. Funny thing is that I just saw the Laam and other bits of that bike on eBay. Was looking for FJR block off plates cause Dave isn’t selling them right now. Unfortunately, the Penske was gone, and the engine and body parts looked like they had a rough life.

Hope all have a successful Tech day, I’ll try to make next years .