Indian leather

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Having somewhat recovered from viewing this recent RAD post...

fat_biker_1.jpg

I found myself wondering. What do people in India wear for ride gear?

Is there a BROWN market for leather goods?

Are HD motorcycles simply off-limits because no leather can be found?

Would that guy above be guilty of a terrible crime in India?

Just thinkin' out loud...

:)

Cow's are big, probably not too many.

Most of my gear isnt leather. Its made of Cordura. Since there's alot of gear out there that isnt made from leather, people who practice Hinduism have stuff to wear. Hell, HD even sells a line of non leather crap now too so you can be sporting that all important HD logo and still be ok with your creator.

I know this is meant to be a joke and all (hell its posted under Jokes and Fun stuff), but at least this guy is out there riding a sportbike, and not some cruiser just because of his size. Its easy for us to make fun of him, but at least he's out there riding, and doing it in full gear.

OK, back to the fun and games...

I think the real question is, how in the hell is that shock supporting his weight?!?

I'll say this...

I used to, not so long ago, ride motocross with a guy about his size who frequently gave me a run for my money. That's one of the very cool things about motorcycles and what got me hooked on two wheels so early in life.

Unlike that guy, I was very small and the youngest of three sons in a long line of motorcyclists. My size was actually an advantage rather than a handicap.

Hmmm... would make one helluva Ohlins ad!

Seriously, do they sell leathers in India??? Really, I want to know!

SEEEE!!!

I knew it wasn't just me!

Somebody else says "Think Leather, Think India". :yahoo:

Plus, I have to admit, the leather-clad models are hot. Wonder if it's the climate?

:)

I'm sorry. This is just TOO funny. I can see a huge support industry, Employee Assistance Programs... Get in touch with your leather side... How to be Hindu in the cowhide industry...

Somehow I just knew this world would be just twisted enough to make India famous for leather goods.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell ya what.

I am going to India the week of 3/5. I'll be sure to ask someone there if you'd like.

Tim

Kangaroo leather. Lighter, stronger than cow leather
That's what I wear and it is the best by far for protection, softness (must have that)
Thug, is that Kangaroo stuff cheaper in Ausi-ville? Do you have an online source you typically buy it from?
Not sure what you pay for it there but I had mine (Custom Jacket and Pants) made for me for around $1200 AUD I got mine from a place called Mars leathers which have been in the same street for approx 50 odd years their email address is www.marsleathers.com.au don't worry about the old style website (a bit like them) but the service and tailorship is second to none.

Last edited by a moderator: