Indianapolis, IN - Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went out yesterday planning to ride through Nashville, Story, Bedford, Shoals to French Lick but after multiple roadblocks and signs of coming storms we headed home after we got to to 446 and from what family in Daviess County told me about the storms in that area it was the correct decision.

We went out yesterday planning to ride through Nashville, Story, Bedford, Shoals to French Lick but after multiple roadblocks and signs of coming storms we headed home after we got to to 446 and from what family in Daviess County told me about the storms in that area it was the correct decision.
Glad you guys made the safe decision.

I'm interested in riding, tho southern IN is about three hours from my stomping grounds. By all means, anybody shoot me a message if anywhere near North Central IN. I can manage a few hours ride about anytime, but a whole day is hard to get with a wife and kids and home. Riding here is not at all like southern IN, but there are some river roads to enjoy for what they are.

I'm going to be in my car at the Indianapolis Tesla Supercharger tomorrow morning about 8:30 to 9:00, and/or McDonalds nearby. Looks to be a wet day ahead for me.

I'm going to be in my car at the Indianapolis Tesla Supercharger tomorrow morning about 8:30 to 9:00, and/or McDonalds nearby. Looks to be a wet day ahead for me.
At this moment...only 20% chance of rain in Indy tomorrow. At the rate it's been raining here, best to count on some rain! Electricity and water travel together too well, so have a safe trip!

Yeah, the weather has been so hit or miss lately. I was sharing with another fellow forum member that everytime I have wanted to get out in the past week it has been raining, and then when I'm at the office working it's beautiful outside. So frustrating.

I'd love to get out this weekend, but it's my wife's weekend to work at the hospital which means I'll be chillin with the kiddos. I'm still looking forward to the chance of getting out and meeting some of you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Got curious about miles on my "new to me" FJR and found I'm just shy of 1600 miles (in 2016)...not including the 20+mile hike on Jan 1st when it actually warm and dry in Indiana.

Last edited by a moderator:
135 south of 46 through Story, and all the way down to Hwy 50 is getting chipped and had sealed. Coming up from Freetown on Friday, the chip and seal is only on the southbound lanes and starts a few miles south of Story. Northbound lanes had at least some gravel on them. Bummed me out so bad, I cut off on a side road and headed home.

135 south of 46 through Story, and all the way down to Hwy 50 is getting chipped and had sealed. Coming up from Freetown on Friday, the chip and seal is only on the southbound lanes and starts a few miles south of Story. Northbound lanes had at least some gravel on them. Bummed me out so bad, I cut off on a side road and headed home.
Thanks for the info. We will make sure we stay off that part of 135. I think I've seen you down in that area before, btw!

Thanks for the info. We will make sure we stay off that part of 135. I think I've seen you down in that area before, btw!
Yellow Shoei, dark shield, that's me.
smile.png
. See lot's of FJR's down this way, but they are all going the opposite direction
rolleyes.gif

I live just off Hwy 58 in Columbus and it only takes me a couple of minutes to be in the twisties, then slab it home on 46. My normal ride is in the opposite direction from everybody coming down from Indy.

That sucks! It will be some time before the road is close to normal again.

I've only been to southern IN one time for two days. Ate breakfast at Story one morn, but preferred Gatesville's breakfast the first morning...I think that was the name anyway. This year I went north to Michigan to log a few miles on Memorial Day after putting some flags up for a WWII veteran. Lake Michigan sure offered some refreshing cool air--I think the temp dropped from 86 to 77. New Buffalo, MI offered a few local diners and considerable--but reasonable--traffic (as expected on a holiday). Eight hours on the stock seat was a bit much, but it is do-able. Nice place to visit and I will take the family some day.

I was planning to ride around the Story area on Sunday- any updates on the chip and seal ?

I truly hate that stuff !

Hey folks - we are just across the river from Corydon and ride all over Southern Indiana - let us know when one of the rides are coming up and we will try and make it! Vacation is coming up next week too..... :)

I was planning to ride around the Story area on Sunday- any updates on the chip and seal ?
Rode 135 north from Freetown up to just past Story on my KLR Sunday to check it our. Straights aren't too bad at low speeds, the curves suck. If you just need to get from A to B it's rideable at slow speeds if you're careful. If you're out for fun, go somewhere else. Wasn't even fun on the KLR.

Rode 135 north from Freetown up to just past Story on my KLR Sunday to check it our. Straights aren't too bad at low speeds, the curves suck. If you just need to get from A to B it's rideable at slow speeds if you're careful. If you're out for fun, go somewhere else. Wasn't even fun on the KLR.
Sounds like we will need to change some plans- dammit ! Thanks for the update

FYI - I am trying to put together a ride for tomorrow starting in the morning. All of you are more than welcomed to join. I'm open to route suggestions, however, at this point I was considering a ride south into some of the hilly & twisty territory (my personal preference in terrain) maybe towards the French Lick/Hoosier National Forest area.

Feel free to post here or send me messages to make arrangements. I will be riding the FJR so fuel stops will not be an issue like when riding the R1, the mileage is soooo much better.

Anway, looking forward to your responses. Happy Father's Day to all of you daddy's out there, enjoy your weekend, and ride safe!