Inline tire pressure gauge?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L2M

Reaction score
So I've already searched and I've found lots of good recommendations for stand alone tire pressure gauges. However, after my second Black and Decker air compressor bit the dust I decided to buy a real compressor. What a nice improvement. The problem is that I would really like to be able to check tire pressure without having to swap the gauge and air hose on and off repeatedly. Does anyone know of a reliable inline air gauge that would function like the ones at the filling stations, (i.e. pull trigger, inflate tire. Release trigger, see air pressure. Repeat as needed)?

I've used an AccuGauge for years.

Clickable pic:

Clip the chuck on the air stem and your compressor goes on up by the gauge. There is also a pressure bleed button if you need to deflate.

Sears, Home Depot and Wal-Mart all sell the garage-station style filler attachment, the one that has the sliding gauge. They all charge about 20-25.00.

I still use a separate gauge, I just overfill a little, then use the pressure release button on the gauge to lower to the correct pressure. Quick and easy.

And on my next (first) tire change, I'm installing right-angle valve stems. :)

So I've already searched and I've found lots of good recommendations for stand alone tire pressure gauges. However, after my second Black and Decker air compressor bit the dust I decided to buy a real compressor. What a nice improvement. The problem is that I would really like to be able to check tire pressure without having to swap the gauge and air hose on and off repeatedly. Does anyone know of a reliable inline air gauge that would function like the ones at the filling stations, (i.e. pull trigger, inflate tire. Release trigger, see air pressure. Repeat as needed)?

I've used an AccuGauge for years.
Clickable pic:

Clip the chuck on the air stem and your compressor goes on up by the gauge. There is also a pressure bleed button if you need to deflate.
Is the connection point between the gauge and the compressor hose threaded on that? I saw that gauge while searching and it looks like a valve stem type connector. If that's threaded then I think that would work great.

I've seen the low end gauges at Lowes and Home Depot but I've already gone through a handful of stand alone gauges from those locations and I really wanted to buy top end this time even if it costs significantly more.

--edited to remove spelling error and Friday dog pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the compressor connection point by the gauge is threaded. I got this gauge to use at the drag strip and auto-cross courses to facilitate tire pressure changes throughout the day. I check my gauge's accuracy at work. After years of getting pounded at the track and at home the gauge is still accurate.

Ion ~ Thanks for the link to that gauge! That appears to be a nice quality unit, and with your added endorsement, I think I've found my next gauge/inflation tool...

In your experience on our bikes, will that clip-on chuck work well with standard valve stems, or would the right angle ones be enough better to make it worthwhile to change to them? Those big old front rotors make my present set up less than adequate!

Don

Yes, the compressor connection point by the gauge is threaded. I got this gauge to use at the drag strip and auto-cross courses to facilitate tire pressure changes throughout the day. I check my gauge's accuracy at work. After years of getting pounded at the track and at home the gauge is still accurate.
Thanks for the tip on that gauge; I think I'll get one, especially since it's cheaper than the one from Griot's. Good to see that it's held it's accuracy for all these years. I have a regular AccuGauge and began to question it's accuracy. Sure enough, it reads +1.6 psi when checked against several other quality gauges. I've really taken care of it, too, so it's surprising to me that it's off. Just an fyi that it may be wise to check the accuracy of gauges periodically.

Ion ~ Thanks for the link to that gauge! That appears to be a nice quality unit, and with your added endorsement, I think I've found my next gauge/inflation tool...
Yer frickin' right. That one has the Ionbeam seal of approval!!

2558493680098858932S500x500Q85.jpg

I use this one - https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/tools/...ating+gun+ii.do. Probably paid too much for it but I do like buying tools. :rolleyes:
Yes, that is undoubtedly true of this, as anything procured from that particular vendor. (I used to be a bimmerphile in a previous life)

Last edited by a moderator: