Installing cruise control this weekend...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I am done, I am thinking of taking all the information out there and putting it into one place, maybe a PDF manual, so someone who want's to do an install will have everything in one spot.
The only problem with that is that there are several popular locations for placing the servo and vacuum reserve canister. Some have their own unique installation challenges.

Boy I am grateful for all the threads on the Audiovox Cruise Control install, too bad they are spead all over the place.I started mine yesterday and for everyone out there worried about the fuel rail removal, it was a piece of cake, but

now that I have everything laid out and look at all the wires I am wondering "What have I gotten myself into?"

Yikes :blink:

When I am done, I am thinking of taking all the information out there and putting it into one place, maybe a PDF manual,

so someone who want's to do an install will have everything in one spot.

If I ever get done....

Step 1. Get an ample supply of you favorite adult beverage and chill.

Step 2. Drink.

Step 3.......and so on.
That's a great idea.

Boy I am grateful for all the threads on the Audiovox Cruise Control install, too bad they are spead all over the place.I started mine yesterday and for everyone out there worried about the fuel rail removal, it was a piece of cake, but

now that I have everything laid out and look at all the wires I am wondering "What have I gotten myself into?"

Yikes :blink:

When I am done, I am thinking of taking all the information out there and putting it into one place, maybe a PDF manual,

so someone who want's to do an install will have everything in one spot.

If I ever get done....

Step 1. Get an ample supply of you favorite adult beverage and chill.

Step 2. Drink.

Step 3.......and so on.
That's a great idea.
Good idea... I have a LOT of the threads book marked...

When I am done, I am thinking of taking all the information out there and putting it into one place, maybe a PDF manual, so someone who want's to do an install will have everything in one spot.
The only problem with that is that there are several popular locations for placing the servo and vacuum reserve canister.

Some have their own unique installation challenges.
...and THAT is a primo reason there needs to be a single source for this. Once I rounded up all the threads,

and then read them all several times over, I was able to intellegently decide between the three most popular servo

locations, wire routings, hose connections, vacuum canister location, etc.

I finally finished my installation last night but I forgot to put the idle adjuster back into position, it's gonna be a pain

just to get that put back. I still need to install my Stebel so I may wait and do both at the same time.

The cruise works great, a very cool and worthwhile farkle.

Oh and one more thing, the standard no relay wiring works great with my Givi E52 and Admore LED lights. I was

worried it may not work but I think all the LED problems are with the flashing LEDs and not the solid LEDs, when

reading up I never heard anyone mention the distinction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need to install my Stebel so I may wait and do both at the same time.

Let me know how the Stebel goes - i have one on the bench to put on this winter maybe...
ya just bolt it right on:

3469318274_7c3cf1ea54.jpg

Mike, that horn just ain't right!!!

Wish me luck boys, starting the Audiovox install tomorrow on the new Wee Strom....not as much support on it as there is on the FJR Forum. It will help that I've done the FJR install, but going to be a new challenge on the Wee....

Finished up my install today. Worked on it on and off over two days. Works perfectly. This is my third install ('01 Connie, '07 Wee Strom and now the FJR). These things are great!!

I will be beginning my cruise install next weekend, however I wussed out and got the mccruise...Spendy I know, but I really don't want to cut into the bike's harness and it comes with plug and play install. Plus I am worried about attaching a chain to the throttle's, I know many have done it fine but knowing my luck it would get tangled up under WOT which would be bad....was going to buy the AVCC and use the Mccruise CIU (Cable Interface Unit) but figured if I'm in for a penny I'm in for a pound and I wanted an easier install :)

I'll write it up when I finish it..

I had the increased idle issue when I did my install earlier this year on my 09. I used the cotter pin to attach the beaded chain to the throttle tang. After messing with the idle adjustment didn't help, I opened it back up and found that one edge of the cotter pin was situated such that it was between the throttle tang and the tab that it rests on, causing it to not be fully released. I just had to reach in with some needle nose pliers and move the cotter pin around the edge of the tang . . . all fixed! Make sure your throttle rests all the way back on that tab at idle.
+1

Same thing happened to me on my first AVCC install.