Instantaneous Fuel Consumption Mode Wrong

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
      The bikes sold in the U.S.A. should be reading miles per gallon. Even though your bike screen is indicating miles per gal I wonder if the number being shown is actually the same as our canadian bikes ie: km/l      This would explain why so many people say they are getting 17.2 miles per gal.

Dave
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

Nice Theory but this does not explain why the reading is either 17 or zero. If the computer is just using the wrong base numbers, then you should still see fluctuation in the readout. On my bike there is no such fluctuation taking place.

It seems to act more like it is not getting the correct signal to calculate a real MPG. Whatever it is doing, it is not right and Yamaha needs to fix it.

Anyway that is one FJR owner’s opinion.

Weekender

Hey all, I finally have official word on this!!!

The service manager at my dealer (Reno's Yamaha in KC, MO) called me last night. Mama Yama has informed him that there *is* a problem, they are aware of it, and are working on a fix. No fix is currently available; one dealer already tried replacing the meter, but that didn't work. A bulletin will be issued when they have a fix for it, and all bikes with this problem will be repaired.

:D Whew! Once this gets fixed, we'll finally be able to go as far as those '05-ers! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and it doesn't redline at 9000 either. Make a mark at the 6 thou point, or you might invalidate the warranty. ;)

Thought it was just me, was waiting at a stoplight and tried hitting every combo of buttons but it stayed on 17.0. Will just wait to see what or how to fix this since I'm not the only one.

Aim

Yamaha knows about the problem. Tell your dealer if you bring it in at the 600 mi. checkup as I'm sure there will be a recall. PM. <><

Latest posts