IT'S ALL I KNOW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maywannayamaha1300

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my new FJR in complete reckless anticipation. I've only ridden a Boulevard c50 805cc 550lb. underpowered cruiser. What should I expect? :rolleyes:

Imagine someone like, ohhhh, me?, hitting you upside the head with a sledgehammer. Much like TWN's mama did to him all the time when he was a wee, fugly lad.

That will give you an idea.

Like an Astronaut lifting off the pad at Cape Canaveral. Seriously it's an easy bike to ride. THe clutch out the bike feels like a freight train. Roll easy on the throttle. It is a heavy bike but can launch the front wheel. It's best to let the motor warm up to one bar where it idles unstead of riding at fast idel. Then I have a dirt & grass driveway. Torque is flat from 3000 to about 8500 and just makes more horsepower. Choose what gear by how fast you want to accelerate. TJ :yahoo:

It can be a bit difficult to tell what gear you're in, until you realize it really doesn't matter as long as the motor's below redline. 4th and 5th seem to pull the same, so it seems like you need a sixth, but ya don't. Milage doesn't seem to vary much at different rpms. Riding on the freeway in third can be thrilling...

Pepperell

My previous bike was a Kawasaki 1500 Nomad cruiser. In comparison, it drove like a large truck. The FJR is just awesome! After riding awhile my face really hurt from the fixed wide smile that wouldn't go away. The FJR feels like it's 10x the bike in every catagory except weight.

And wild turkey! The ones with feathers, not in the bottle.

Well, watch out for both.

Make sure you stain-guard/treat your underwear before you twist the throttle abruptly....

All of the above as far as the reply posts go.

I can relate here. My other bike is an '86 Suzuki Intruder 700 that I commute on 5 days a week [go ahead and laugh]. Then after all that, getting on the FJR is like, perhaps, going from a Piper Cub to an F-14 :D .

Funny thing, though, the FJR feels like sitting on a barstool for a while. That Suzuki sits REAL low to the ground.

I'm still waiting for my new FJR in complete reckless anticipation. I've only ridden a Boulevard c50 805cc 550lb. underpowered cruiser. What should I expect? :rolleyes:
I rode a Vulcan 750 mid weight cruiser, and I can tell you two things, First your pucker factor is going to peg, and second you will experience facial damage--- like this :D