Jake Zemke

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
Jake's a local guy and I haven't seen anything that says what he'll be doing next year. I hope he finds a ride.

Gotta love the AMA. A #1 plate != job security, yet the most talented rider won't go to WSB because the money's too good in America. That's crazy.

Gotta love the AMA. A #1 plate != job security, yet the most talented rider won't go to WSB because the money's too good in America. That's crazy.
Money's only too good in America if you can find someone to pay it. Talented? Very. Most talented? Questionable. No offense intended - helluva nice guy and a helluva rider. Timing just sucked - too many riders looking for too few spots.

Money's only too good in America if you can find someone to pay it. Talented? Very. Most talented? Questionable. No offense intended - helluva nice guy and a helluva rider. Timing just sucked - too many riders looking for too few spots.
I didn't mean Zemke as "most talented," just very talented and possessor of a #1 plate. I was referring to the jerk-face sandbagger that has lacked the sack to go to WSB or GP and instead has racked up a record number of national championships with no world championships. Yes, I know that by all present indicators said sandbagger isn't going to be in AMA next year, but it's not because he's grown a pair and gone international. :)

I didn't mean Zemke as "most talented," just very talented and possessor of a #1 plate. I was referring to the jerk-face sandbagger that has lacked the sack to go to WSB or GP and instead has racked up a record number of national championships with no world championships. Yes, I know that by all present indicators said sandbagger isn't going to be in AMA next year, but it's not because he's grown a pair and gone international. :)
Ah...I gotcha. MM.

It's an interesting topic and I could easily find myself sitting on either debate team while this gets battled out.

He has raced on the international level. Granted, it was years ago, but, he has been there. Here's an interesting read (it's a bit old, but, the history is still relevant)

Side A:

He has proven he was the best in the US. Got beat out by a natural phenom the last 3 years and this year some will say should be marked with an asterisk because of the crankshaft controversy. That young phenom is gone and he's the man again and there is nothing else to prove. There is no one nipping at his heels. He should take his talent to the world level - he's a different rider than the young punk on junk equipment in 1993.

Side B:

Keep in mind that racing is his job. Why do any of us go to work? To make money, right? If he can make a bunch more money here than he can anywhere else, why wouldn't he? He's no spring chicken. He's only got a few good years left and he needs to make the absolute most out of them that he can. If you work for a small company and are making $100,000/yr, would you resign to go work for a bigger company where you would have to relocate your family where you have been established for a few years to go elsewhere where the work will be harder and you'll get paid $50,000/yr?

Jake is one of the finest folks I know. He's ridden at the Hondarosa and I can tell you he flies in the dirt too. I wish only the best for Jake and whatever decisions he makes. :rolleyes: