January Rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodidge

Reaction score
I'm spending January 2013 in Phoenix and am considering trailering the fjr from Minnesota. I've considered renting while I'm there but there are insurance implications.

1. How is the riding in January?

2. Recommended rides?

Good if ya stay in the southern part of AZ- Phx, Tucson, Yuma (cold up north-flagstaff, prescott,showlow)

Beemerdons should be along soon to guide ya on rides

I'm spending January 2013 in Phoenix and am considering trailering the fjr from Minnesota. I've considered renting while I'm there but there are insurance implications.

1. How is the riding in January?

2. Recommended rides?
https://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Arizona_78.html Here you go Doodidge, some of Arizona's best motorcycling roads. Let us know when you arrive, SkooterG and I'll arrange an FJR Forum SW Club Ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good if ya stay in the southern part of AZ- Phx, Tucson, Yuma (cold up north-flagstaff, prescott,showlow)

Beemerdons should be along soon to guide ya on rides
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogollon_Rim As Mark stated you need to stay in Southern Arizona during January, state is bisected by the Mogollon Rim and everything North of it'll be cold and snowy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived. Got to Phoenix Sunday after the 1600 mile trek. Staying in a rental condo in Ahwatukee a few miles from our daughter and family. I'm fairly familiar with the area having been here a half dozen time or so visiting family but would welcome any advice on where to ride. I'd like to include my wife on some and play tourist.

Dan

Arrived. Got to Phoenix Sunday after the 1600 mile trek. Staying in a rental condo in Ahwatukee a few miles from our daughter and family. I'm fairly familiar with the area having been here a half dozen time or so visiting family but would welcome any advice on where to ride. I'd like to include my wife on some and play tourist.

Dan
Dan, contact me at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

Beemerdons,

Thanks for the advice on AZ rides. I managed to stay busy and logged ~2500 miles on the bike. With the cold snap I felt like I was riding in MN in April. Then today with the rain.......

We're heading back next Thursday the 31st.

Thanks again,

Dan

No parade, huh....that sucks. Hope you have fun the rest of the week. Guess I won't be expecting a party when I drive through arizona next time.