Jobs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastern5

Reaction score
Topic: new career/ job postings

Was thinking about the oil industry and how it affects certain other industries. And how that affects people's jobs.

My job involves manufacturing, and we make machines. Certain regions are being hit hard because of what oil and gas is doing at this moment. Job losses is one casualty. Not every region, market, industry suffers during economic down times (ex. Housing bubble).

My thought is to use this form of media to help. Help those in need. Use our collective power to assist.

- perhaps you work in a place that needs help. And you want to inform members.

- perhaps you feel your current position is no longer fulfilling your career goals.

- perhaps your new to the area. Just moved to a new location.

- perhaps an unfortunate event resulted in your job loss.

- perhaps your job loss is the result of economic downtime.

Make a connection and try to help one another. I believe there are good folks who are overlooked for reasons unknown. Perhaps your looking for a "lead in" and face to face time to really show who you are.

Use your best judgement. And please keep this genuine and professional.

Let's keep this and all related topic in this post. Thanks.

Great post. My company is located in MO, headquarters are in OH. We have several openings at our site. When I get back to the office on Monday, I'll list the positions. Interested folks can PM me for more info. Can we list our company names here? Not sure if it's OK to do so or not.

Actually not sure. I would say it's best to keep "details" private. But it's really up to forum rules your comfort level or privacy etc. I would hope that if your recommending a job to a forum member that you would do you due diligence. Flip coin of that is I hope forum members are truly looking for a job and not just a "stop gap". Its forum members looking out for fellow forum members. Or people looking out for people. Simply put.

Last edited by a moderator: