June 10 - Newcomb's Ranch.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of joining in on the fun. Which gas station at the bottom of the Crest will be the fuel point prior to going up? What time roughly will you guys be there?

I sent TWN a note I'd be at the Shell station @ ~ 10:00. LAroo & I will be at Hill Street Cafe ~9-9:15 for breakfast if your interested.
I'm gonna guess we'll be along 1020 - 1030ish. I'll give you a call when we depart Ventura.

@Richard,

It'll be good to see you! Hope you are well enough to ride.
indeed i seem to be on the mend.

will see you in Ventura with Barry and Glen in tow.

R

Thinking of joining in on the fun. Which gas station at the bottom of the Crest will be the fuel point prior to going up? What time roughly will you guys be there?

I sent TWN a note I'd be at the Shell station @ ~ 10:00. LAroo & I will be at Hill Street Cafe ~9-9:15 for breakfast if your interested.
I'm gonna guess we'll be along 1020 - 1030ish. I'll give you a call when we depart Ventura.

@Richard,

R
Not you, Richard, the other Richard. Too many feckin' Dicks out there. :lol:

@Richard,

R
Duh oh well i will be there anyway.

R

@Richard,

R
Duh oh well i will be there anyway.

R
Well, then, it'll be good to see you, too!

It was good to see and ride with everyone again... All total 20+ machines showed up for the ride up to Newcomb’s. The Cal Coast Riders group and an assortment of other suspects. LOT’s of FJR’s and everything else from Ultra Classic’s & Gold Wings, BMW’s, “iddy biddy six fiddy’s” etc. Weather was perfect. Rode up to Mt Wilson as well.

Good group of folks lots of fun. :yahoo: It was damn good to be riding again even if it was a short one!!!

Jdog did some Vids with his new Digital Cam. Can’t wait to see those.

I got up early Sunday, went for a ride up a hill with a bunch of friends, ate lunch and went home.
The end.
Any kindergarten teacher would be proud of your work TWN. Now, put some effort in and tell us the rest of the story.

Sedona07258.jpg

Was the you that we saw, while on vacation?

Jill

It's a shame the Crest is closed at some point past Newcomb Ranch. That was always a good ride all the way across to/from Wrightwood.

Some years there was still snow on the ground up there in June.

It's a shame the Crest is closed at some point past Newcomb Ranch. That was always a good ride all the way across to/from Wrightwood.Some years there was still snow on the ground up there in June.
FYI...

Pix... https://tchester.org/sgm/conditions/sr2/0603/index.html

The Angeles Crest Highway is normally closed in the wintertime from Islip Saddle to Vincent Gap due to rockfall and avalanche hazards. However, the winter storms of 2004-05 caused several landslides and significant damage to the highway. Thus, the highway never reopened summer of 2005. Damage to the highway was estimated to be over 4 million dollars as of November 2005. Terri Kasinga, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Transportation, stated in November 2005 "It is definitely not going to open until next spring (of 2006)".[1] However, a March 2006 storm caused even more extensive damage to the highway including a complete washout of a large section of roadway, further delaying the reopening of the highway. Total construction costs now exceed 10 million dollars. Pending the availability of construction funds to repair this new damage, construction is anticipated to begin spring of 2008. As of now this portion of the highway has been closed since October 2004.[1] The closure of the highway has caused concern for the California Department of Forestry because it hinders firefighting.[2]